- Ensures machinery and mechanical equipment operation by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, listening for problems, and using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices, using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools, and examining the form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies, placing and expediting orders, and verifying receipt.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Operate overhead and jib cranes safely to maneuver parts or equipment as needed
- Assist in the design, installation, and start-up of multiple projects
- Ability to use SAP systems for writing work notifications and closing work orders
- Diagnose, locate the cause of, and repair malfunctioning systems and components using test equipment
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- High school diploma/GED
- Minimum 2 years of industrial electrical experience
- Minimum 3-5yrs maintenance experience and troubleshooting capability with industrial manufacturing equipment
- Ability to operate a forklift as needed to complete duties
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment
- Ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Manufacturing experience in a team-based environment
- Familiarity with Safety Programs in a manufacturing facility
- Personal Computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation applications
- Familiarity with World Class Manufacturing systems
- Work hours with occasional optional as well as mandatory overtime necessary to meet deadlines or objectives
- Works in a manufacturing plant environment which may include exposure to industrial solvents, liquids, and other materials.
- The working environment will extend to both hot and cold conditions Work in hot environments exceeding 110 degrees and dusty confined spaces.
- Must be capable of wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) necessary to comply with government and company safety standards.
- Job includes tasks that require bending, lifting materials weighing up to 50 lbs., twisting, gripping, and stair climbing.
- Willing and able to work at heights.
The above declarations are not intended to be all-inclusive of this position’s duties, responsibilities, and requirements to do this job. They are intended only to describe its general nature.
Why work for us? At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while making the world a more beautiful and sustainable home.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now
Industrial Mechanic - Wilmington, CA
Location: Wilmington, California
Posting Date: 02/12/2024
Job Code: USA07496
See yourself here