What’s the job?
This position is primarily responsible for providing financial expertise and analysis support to our Hagerstown, MD facility.
The plant controller is responsible for all aspects of the financial close, standard costing and financial reporting for the location. This position should be the go to individual with plant management to ensure the financial health of the location and assist in managing: inventory levels, cost reduction, capital and spending. This position also works closely with plant management to ensure proper internal controls are in place in alignment with Saint Gobain requirements.
• Partner with Plant Management (25%)
o Active participation in Plant Staff meetings
o Involvement in and support of Plant Review meeting
o Identify and manage process improvement initiatives
o Identify issues and proactively initiate analysis (labor, material usage, spending, etc.)
o Ad hoc analysis and reporting for plant and operations management
o Cost reduction monitoring, reporting, and results auditing (where applicable)
• Month End Closing (25%)
o Inventory verification and control
o Prepare and post journal entries
o Analysis of financial results
o Account reconciliations
o Prepare month end reports for plant
o Prepare manufacturing variance analysis
o Plant Manager Financial Review
• Support needs of the Group Controller, and Manager FP&A (15%)
o Prepare ad hoc analysis and reporting upon request
o Perform cost and operating variance analysis
o Assist in planning and analysis of other forecasts
• Coordinate and assist in the preparation of the annual operating budget (15%)
o Analytically review and challenge the budget and all assumptions
o Prepare comparison of budgeted standards to PY and PY approximate actual
o Load budget details into SAP
• Ensure proper internal controls and compliance with SGC/SPG policies and procedures (10%)
o Coordinate and support annual Self-Assessment review
o Support ICS audit activities, coordinating plant responses and follow-up.
• Other duties such as: (10%)
o Prepare and maintain product standard costing
o Oversee and reconcile annual physical inventory counts and support cycle counting
o Support capital expenditure appropriation request development
o Coordinate and support the fixed asset audit process
What do you bring?
• Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA, CMA, or MBA preferable or equivalent, complementary work experience
• Minimum 7 years of progressive experience 2-3 years Accounting firm exp and audit exp, with 2-3 years accounting experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
• Strong analytical skills are required to quickly grasp issues impacting the plant’s financial results
• Strong IT aptitude to deliver effective desktop reporting (paperless web-enabled environment), utilize GL Wands and MS Excel and PowerPoint for analysis and presentations
• Strong communication and presentation skills are required
• Capable of leading a process team and able to define clear vision, goals, and service standards
• Ability to manage projects, work independently, and communicate effectively to all areas and levels of the location
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships across plant and functional organizations.
• Demonstrated customer service orientation
What are our perks?
We provide unique options to fit your unique lives! Our Total Rewards Program is customizable to accommodate your needs. Our menu of flexible options includes, but is not limited to:
• Excellent healthcare options: Medical, vision, prescription & dental
• Family Focus & Balance: Parental leave, paid time-off and Employee Assistance Program
• Financial Security: Competitive 401(k), Company-funded Retirement Accumulation Plan and Employee Stock Purchase Program (PEG)
• Tuition Reimbursement: Continuing education for every season of your career
• Pet Insurance options: Insurance plan & prescription discount program for your furry friends
• Employee Recognition Programs
• PerkSpot: Our exclusive one-stop online discount marketplace
• LiveWell: Rewarding you for living a healthy lifestyle
Why work for us?
At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while our products make the world a more beautiful, safer, and sustainable home.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.Apply Now
Location: Williamsport, Maryland
Posting Date: 11/16/2023
Job Code: USA07440See yourself here