This position is responsible for demonstrating a solid foundation in critical HR areas and the ability to apply these principles to HR solutions and resolution. Responsible for the completion of various HR activities and personnel actions, application of laws, rules and standards related to personnel. Human Resources Information System (HRIS) data compilation and analysis and human resources management.
Manages the plant EHS program for the Riverport, KY site to minimize all safety risks and reduce potential liabilities, and assure compliance with all required regulations. Ensures compliance with all safety procedures and establishes and promotes the maintenance of a safe, accident free and healthy work environment, thereby eliminating or controlling hazardous conditions resulting from human error, equipment and machine operations which may lead to human injury and/or property damage.
- Administration of Human Resources Information System programs, as well as other HR policy, procedure, and reporting requirements. Uses discretion when communicating sensitive information and notifies upper management, as necessary. Positive strong reputation as neutral and approachable advocate and business partner. Demonstrates an understanding of the audience’s perspective when crafting communications.
- Understanding of relationship between Human Resources and the core business functions. Basic knowledge of HR metrics, Key Performance Indicators, and labor market trends, i.e., ability to correlate HR contributions to these metrics. Demonstrates expertise in technology that can assist in solving business challenges. Identifies inefficiencies and provides process improvement recommendations.
- The incumbent must demonstrate the ability to administer the recruiting function for salaried, hourly, and temporary employees, i.e., recruitment, interviewing, hiring, onboarding and orientation.
- Demonstrates the ability to facilitate conversations, resolve conflicts, and provide excellent internal and external customer service. Works in conjunction with the Ceramics HRD re: any workplace policy violation investigations. Functions as a problem solver/consultant for stakeholders through gathering facts, analyzing data, and making recommendations for a solution or a referral, as appropriate. ; Ability to design action plans following root cause analysis of site issues and provide advice on resolution.
- The incumbent networks to build lasting relationships, i.e. employee/management partnerships; community or professional contacts; fosters effective team work, etc. Stays abreast of labor and employment compliance changes and communicates as needed to senior leaders.
- Responsible for all safety and environmental monthly reporting including GAIA reporting for the Riverport, KY location. Compiles and submits Corporate and agency reporting and maintains safety files and records. Directing those activities necessary to ensure that the facility is in compliance with all internal and external safety regulations. Interface with regulatory agencies and divisional personnel to direct health and safety efforts. Interact with outside vendors as necessary to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Management of the Riverport plant Annual EHS Action Plan, as required by the Corporate Saint-Gobain Ceramics standards, focusing on risk reduction. The incumbent will be responsible for compliance to the ISO 14001 Environmental Standard including facilitation of the annual audit
- The incumbent will facilitate the monthly Facility meetings for all personnel including coverage of required safety topics for compliance to all EHS requirements. Facilitates inspection (monthly audits), of plant to detect accident and health hazards, and recommends corrective or preventive measures where appropriate. Leads investigations of safety issues.
- BS Degree, Business Administration, Technical, Environmental or Business Degree
- CHRP, Required
- Safety/Industrial Hygiene, preferred.
- 3+ Years experience in Human Resources lead role supporting manufacturing
- Technical fabrics/textile, preferred
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now