Why work for us?
At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while our products make the world a more beautiful, safer, and sustainable home.
The primary function of the Maintenance Electrician is to properly maintain all electrical systems in the plant including the production line, associated process machines/equipment, and building/facility equipment. Responsibilities include trouble-shooting pneumatics, electronics to the component level, and work on PLC ladder logic. Also, must work with thermocouples, RTD’s, various types of level sensing devices, thickness detectors, consistency transmitters, load cells, and other high-tech devices. Will possess a thorough understanding and hands on experience with electrical & electronics maintenance principals. Trouble shoot machine break down and repair situations and safely restore the machine to the proper operating condition. Must adhere to all company safety policies and JSA’s while performing tasks and at all other times when on the premises.
Pay: $33.74/hour (depending on experience)
Hours: 3-2-2 schedule (12-hour shifts)
• Diagnose and trouble shoot electrical malfunctioning electrical systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
• Ability to solve machine operation problems using skill set of deductive reasoning, and electric test meters.
• Inspect, replace, or repair non-operational equipment and/or components of equipment that are hindering the equipment from operating efficiently.
• Test and troubleshoot electrical systems and equipment, using multi-meters and current meters.
• Rebuild the components to be used on the equipment in the plant along with reading and interpreting blueprints and layout instructions.
• Understanding of hydraulic/pneumatic theory.
• Comprehensive understanding and knowledge of electrical principles and adequate skills to understand various plant processes.
• Assist line mechanic
• Must be able to read and understand blueprints and schematics, and wire control panels.
• PLC troubleshooting, repair, and programming experience required.
Who are we?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now