The Technical Sales Representative (TSR) reports to the District Manager and coordinates sales activities within the territory, creating added value for the customer with a clear focus on increasing market share, profitability and customer satisfaction.
• Leading the development and implementation of the account plans and growth actions. The assigned territories will be the responsibility of the Technical Sales Representative.
• Defining sales targets for the account, and ensuring they are achieved with a structured follow-up process across utilizing a Customer Relationship Management tool (CRM)
• Providing solutions for their businesses that are in line with volume, mix and probability targets.
• Monitoring competitor activity and ensuring appropriate action is taken.
• Building long-term relationships with customers ensuring that service needs are fulfilled.
• Networking through active participation in industry association events and committee assignments.
• Actively works with other departments including manufacturing and logistics to ensure customer service needs are met. Identifies bottlenecks in service delivery and works within the Company to resolve issues.
Education: Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or Relevant Field - Required
Masters Degree in Business Administration or Relevant Field - Preferred
5+ years of experience in a Sales or operational role in construction and concrete - Required
Other Knowledge and Ability:
Excellent communication, negotiation, presentation, and influencing skills
Technical aptitude for construction products and their application with significant experience in concrete production or construction
Ability to understand customers’ business needs and propose appropriate solutions
Time management with balance of prospecting, selling, and account management.
Collecting and analyzing data concerning customer behavior to understand changing needs in the market.
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Problem solving skills
Knowledge and experience using MS Office tools and CRM’s
A collaborative, solution-focused approach, with strong communication and customer relationship-building skills to maintain current business and acquire new customer requests.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now