PROUDLY PART OF SAINT-GOBAIN
The Senior Research Engineer will interface with the business and technical service to support all aspects of the business, provide technical input to the plant, support new product development as well as performance/cost improvement projects. Technical work will involve cementitious coating formulations, testing per industry code and standards including understanding of fire test.
The main responsibilities include:
- Support fireproofing business through testing of product for field issue, assessment and evaluation of new raw materials, work with technical service manager to support all code testing requirement, oversee day to day activities of a technician.
- Responsible for all aspects of safety for the group and ensure safe operating processes. Will become part of broader R&D safety team.
- Work with Northborough facility to design the fireproofing lab, install fire testing equipment, set up spray booth and spray equipment
- Develops new test methods or procedures and validates the results. Maintains and troubleshoots lab instruments and field equipment in area of focus.
- Ensures JSAs and SOPs for all equipment and operations are up to date.
- Stays current with industry news, tries new ideas for alternate materials and new product concepts
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Team player, self-starter and action oriented
- Troubleshooting skills—to aid in resolving product issues, fixing equipment and improving processes
- Knowledge of HSE and 5S for keeping chemical inventories, safety programs
- BS Degree with a minimum of 7+ years’ experience, or MS with 3+ years of experience or entry level PhD in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or related field plus demonstrated technical judgment/accomplishments
- Project management skills with demonstrated track record of successful product launches, cost optimization or business support activities
- Experience commercial spraying equipment, construction industry knowledge, Fire testing, preferred
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now