Shift: 3rd shift
• In alignment with company vision, mission, values, and objectives, the mechanic will troubleshoot, repair, maintain and improve mechanical systems with intent of improving uptime and efficiency.
• Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
• Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
• Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
• Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
• Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
• Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
• Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment. • Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
• Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
• Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests. • Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks. • Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. • Operate overhead and jib cranes safely to maneuver parts or equipment as needed Ability to lubricate parts and components
• Assist in design, installation and start-up of multiple projects • Work with team members and operators to ensure the daily production schedule is met • Ability to learn new information quickly and apply
• Ability to work safely and efficiently unsupervised • Ability to use SAP systems for writing work notifications and close work orders
• Maintains and understands all equipment in the area
• Diagnose, locate the cause of, and repair malfunctioning systems and components using test equipment
• Safely operates any mobile equipment • Completes required documentation for maintenance projects.
•Completes housekeeping duties on every shift.
• Performs other related duties that contribute to the success of the operation as assigned by supervisor
High school diploma/GED
• Minimum 2 years’ industrial mechanic experience
• Minimum 3-5yrs maintenance experience and troubleshooting capability with industrial manufacturing equipment
• Basic knowledge on how to perform diagnostic/troubleshooting and preventative maintenance
• Experience with routine maintenance operations
• Familiar with a variety of hand and power tools
* Ability to Operate a forklift as needed to complete duties
• Ability to work independently in a busy environment
• Ability to work in a team based environment with little to no supervision
• Ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing
• Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
• Able to work well under pressure
• Strong attention to detail.
• Preferred or Desired Qualifications
• 5+ years’ industrial mechanic experience
• Manufacturing experience in a team based environment
• Self-starter, with developed analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Familiarity with Safety Programs in a manufacturing facility
• Personal Computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation applications
• Familiarity with World Class Manufacturing systems
• Good understanding of quality and product specifications
• Knowledge of safe operating procedures.
• Work hours with occasional optional as well as mandatory overtime necessary to meet deadlines or objectives
• Works in a manufacturing plant environment which may include exposure to industrial solvents, liquids and other materials.
• Work with an awkward posture for 2 hours or more.
• The working environment will extend to both hot and cold conditions Work in hot environments exceeding 110 degrees and dusty confined spaces.
• Must be capable of wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) necessary to comply with government and company safety standards. Job includes tasks that require bending, lifting materials weighing up to 50 lbs., twisting, gripping and stair climbing. Willing and able to work at heights.
The above declarations are not intended to be all-inclusive of this position’s duties, responsibilities, and requirements to do this job. They are intended only to describe its general nature.
* All offers are contingent on passing a background check, drug test and physical.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now