We are seeking experienced, highly motivated, hands on, results oriented engineering professional. The incumbent pursues projects which require experience and judgment to deal with a variety of variables. Projects are designed to assist the plant and departments in improving safety, improving quality, improving service, increasing production, and/or reducing costs through process, product, equipment, materials and/or methods development and improvements. The position requires a broad based skill set ranging from hands-on troubleshooting of processes to leading different projects from commencement to completion.
- Provide leadership and/or project management within the facility or cross functionally in other teams as needed.
- Will be assigned temporarily to the Production department to work on shift supporting the activities of the boardline.
- Applies and promotes Lean Manufacturing techniques to continuously improve cycle times and process flows.
- Identifies, supports or directs the execution of improvement efforts to reduce waste in all manufacturing or business processes.
- Uses structured problem solving methodologies for data driven analysis and decisions.
- Contribute significantly to manufacturing improvement team activities utilizing continuous improvement methodologies.
- Documentation of standard operating procedures (SOPs) and training staff to perform processes correctly and safely.
- Develop start-up procedures and standard process monitors to ensure health of the line and identify out-of-control processes. Use a data driven approach to center line and footprint all equipment settings.
- Ability to use SolidWorks and read/ analyze/ interpret/ generate engineering drawings.
- Work closely with maintenance on various plant priorities.
- Have a good understanding of the capitalization process for projects and ensure all projects are executed within the budgeted amount.
- Knowledge equal to a bachelor’s degree in mechanical, manufacturing, or industrial engineering or related field
- 2 to 6 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Three or more years manufacturing experience; Continuous Improvement/Lean Management strongly preferred
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proven analytical, influence, and negotiation skills
- Strong leadership skills and driven to deliver results against challenging performance indicators
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to quickly adapt to new systems and platforms
- Willing to relocate now and in the future to one of our production facilities (Preferred)
At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while our products make the world a more beautiful, safer, and sustainable home.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now