Purpose of Position:
To manufacture the highest quality product, according to Company and Customer’s specifications as efficiently and economically as possible.
- This position will be 2nd or 3rd shift after training and may be required to work a different shift pattern from time to time as the activity changes.
Major Responsibilities – Ongoing Tasks
- Operate the following with verbal or written instructions:
- Hydrogen Welding Torch
- Fiberizing Machines and Winding Chairs
- First Twist Machine
- Twist and Ply Machine
- Drying Ovens
- Roving Machine
- Perform some minor adjustments and/or maintenance tasks
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the equipment
- Measure product count and adjust as required to ensure product is within specification
- Visually inspect the manufactured product to check if it meets the quality requirements.
- Fill out Production Reports
- Responsible for maintaining the shop cleanliness
- Responsible for working within the shop safety procedures
- Responsible for actively participating in the quality systems
- Responsible for promoting and supporting the team concept
- Other tasks as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Computer skills for production data entry, required
- QAD experience, a plus
- Minimum of three to five years of experience with mixing/blending/pressing operations, preferred.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.