If you want to discover your greatest potential, Saint-Gobain provides one-of-a-kind opportunities for innovative problem solvers.
We're one of only two companies in the world that is consistently recognized as both a top Global Employer and a Top 100 Global Innovator, but Saint-Gobain's remarkable story and culture of innovation begins with a team of nearly 200,000 creative, diverse and passionate team members collaborating across the globe. We are committed to our mission to improve lives because, every day, we witness the enormous impact of our efforts on the world around us.
As Environmental Health and Safety Manager you will provide leadership and guidance for the overall health and safety programs for the Portage facility. This position is a member of the site Leadership Team and plays an influential role in developing a culture of safety and continuous improvement within the facility. The EHS Manager oversees, develops, and implements best-in-class safety, and industrial hygiene for a manufacturing operation to ensure a safe, compliant, and incident-free work environment.
• Responsible for safety and industrial hygiene plans, policies, and procedures to ensure compliance with local, State, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations. Maintains a system for reporting, monitoring, and correcting serious safety problems
• Oversees health & safety, and DOT audits/assessments of the EPC and recommends preventative measures
• Ensures that corrective action is initiated by management, and provides assistance to establish priorities
• Educate Management on EH&S best practices, prevention and how to work around/with hazardous substances
• Responsible for Worker's Compensation program and compiles and submits accident reports required by regulatory agencies
• Implement and deliver training programs which will increase proficiency in safe practices, promote safety consciousness, ensure environmental compliance and advance continuous environmental improvement
• Facilitate inspections of the facility to detect existing on potential risks and recommend corrective or preventive measures when appropriate
• Drives implementation of strategic corporate environmental, health and safety related improvement initiatives to achieve corporate EH&S objectives; identifies elements of change required to support corporate EH&S strategy; encourages management team to balance short-term demands with long term benefits of strategic EH&S programs; and inspires commitment and involvement with safety objectives and programs
• Drive EH&S initiatives, which reduce incident rates while also reducing company costs (e.g., amount of workers' compensation, etc.); establishes order of priority for EH&S initiatives (risk management) and drive their implementation in cooperation of other managers, safety teams, and other key personnel
• Analyzes safety processes throughout the company; proactively seeks areas of opportunity for improvement; identifies root causes of accidents; recommends changes to work flow, equipment or other process elements; and develops and implements support systems/processes (such as safety rewards and recognitions, safety communications, etc.) to achieve safety objectives
• Communicates and celebrates successes to maintain and foster company-wide commitment to safety and continuous environmental improvement; and provide recommendations for corrective direction when H&S programs deviate from strategic plans and objectives.
• Serves as primary liaison between applicable regulatory and government agencies. Files and or posts reports as required by external legal and convening agencies such as OSHA 300/300A Logs, etc.
Successful Candidate Key Characteristics:
• Strong background in ergonomic risk reduction and performing risk and hazard assessments
• Ability to research and apply regulations
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work with a variety of stakeholders
• Ability to handle confidential information appropriately imperative
• Proven ability to develop safety and continuous environmental improvement as part of the company culture
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to propose solutions to problems
• Ability to positively and comfortably handle and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced, changing, and high-growth work environment with focused attention for detail
• Must be able to travel occasionally, work in a team environment, occasionally work a flexible schedule, and adhere to and explain Saint Gobain policies and procedures
• Ability to uphold safety standards, participates in continuous process improvement on the job, and follows our Manufacturing best practices
• Ability to be on call 24/7 for emergencies
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world. Within its Life Sciences division, teams are solving critical problems for customers who are getting life-saving medical devices to the frontlines of healthcare, discovering essential medications, and nourishing and connecting the world through consumer, industrial and electronics applications. As one of the world’s leading producers of high-performance polymer products, we improve lives by making simple experiences better and being there in life’s critical moments.
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Join Us at Saint-Gobain Life Sciences. Together, we’ll create a better life.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.
EHS Manager - Manufacturing, Life Sciences - Portage, WI
Location: Portage, Wisconsin
Posting Date: 09/17/2023
Job Code: USA06349See yourself here