What’s the job?
Provide electrical and electronic technical support to all production and maintenance operations throughout the plant. This position includes the design, budgeting, scheduling, and management of capital projects as well as providing daily technical and troubleshooting support to the manufacturing operation of the facility.
50% Project Management
- Perform all aspects of project management and design engineering for capital and expense projects.
- Identify and prioritize opportunities to improve product production cost, efficiency, waste and safety.
- Research, design and evaluate electrical and automation equipment, processes and systems. Develop CAD drawings, BOM’s and schematics.
- Obtain cost estimates and contractor bids for electrical and automation projects and improvements.
- Prepare and manage capital expenditure requests.
- Manage equipment and panel design, fabrication, installation, programming, commissioning and start-up.
50% Support Plant Production
- Responsible for the programming and troubleshooting of PLC’s, HMI’s, VFD’s, servo drives and hardwired control systems.
- Specify system components or direct modification of equipment to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation and implement improvements.
- Assist with troubleshooting efforts with the plant Mechanical Engineers, Process Engineers and electrical maintenance department.
- Performs root-cause failure analysis as well as implements sustainable maintenance improvements.
- Assist in the development or standard operating procedures and work instructions regarding new/improved equipment or processes.
- Provides general technical support and leadership to the plant supervisory and hourly employees.
- Conduct behavior based audits and 5S audits as well as support the plant WCM and EHS goals.
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
What do you bring?
- Minimum of 4 year degree in ANY Engineering discipline.
- 3-5 years prior experience in a continuous manufacturing environment
- Thorough knowledge of AC/DC drive systems, Power distribution systems including switch gear components, Servo Motor Equipment and programming, Ethernet Networking systems, HMI and PLC Programming / Troubleshooting, Electrical & Electronic systems integration, Electro-Mechanical design and troubleshooting
- Good working knowledge of mechanical equipment and systems operations.
- Thorough knowledge of Capital and Maintenance project management.
- Proficient in use of MS Office and AutoCAD or other drafting software
- Strong project management skills with excellent written and verbal skills
- Familiarity with 5S & Continuous Improvement Methodology
- General understanding of Federal and State Safety standards (OSHA 1910)
Why work for us?
At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while our products make the world a more beautiful, safer, and sustainable home.
What are our perks?
We provide unique options to fit your unique lives! Our Total Rewards Program is customizable to accommodate your needs. Our menu of flexible options includes, but is not limited to:
- Excellent healthcare options: Medical, vision, prescription & dental
- Family Focus & Balance: Parental leave, paid time-off and Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Security: Competitive 401(k), Company-funded Retirement Accumulation Plan and Employee Stock Purchase Program (PEG)
- Tuition Reimbursement: Continuing education for every season of your career
- Pet Insurance options: Insurance plan & prescription discount program for your furry friends
- Employee Recognition Programs
- PerkSpot: Our exclusive one-stop online discount marketplace
- LiveWell: Rewarding you for living a healthy lifestyle
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now