Safety is of primary importance to this and all positions. The Maintenance Technician is primarily responsible to safely maintain and repair the plant equipment and any facilities maintenance required.
To maintain a well-organized and clean work station and update required documentation to insure accurate records. Dependability is an essential part of this job as well as the ability to team with co-workers.
- Adhere to all plant/OSHA safety rules.
- Adhere to all JSA’s pertaining to the extrusion line.
- Perform safety inspections and report all unsafe conditions or Near Miss events immediately.
- Wear all PPE as required
- Follow all environmental and housekeeping requirements, properly dispose of trash, regularly sweep, keeping material, oil and water off floors.
- Perform work orders as assigned – daily - to include a wide variety of industrial mechanical repairs and/or basic electrical repairs.
- Housekeeping of areas worked in – daily
- Shop housekeeping – weekly
- Enter time in SAP work order system – daily
- Checking out parts – daily
- Preventative Maintenance – as assigned
- Consistent and regular on-time attendance
- Knowledge and experience with material handling systems
- Knowledge and experience with pneumatic conveying
- Knowledge and experience with power transmission
- Knowledge and experience with Program Logic Controllers
- Proficient in troubleshooting industrial mechanical equipment
- Proficient in troubleshooting industrial electrical equipment
- Any other duties assigned.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS (Competency Statement):
- Accurate- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly is essential.
- Communication (Oral) – Ability to communicate with supervisor, co-workers and managers effectively is essential.
- Decision Making- Ability to make decisions while following all Company safety rules and procedures is essential especially, when working in and around moving high speed equipment.
- Detail Orientated- Ability to note minute detail is critical.
- Honesty/Integrity- The trait of being truthful and credible within the workplace is essential.
- Organized- Ability to follow a systematic method to repairing equipment and maintaining a clean, well-organized work area and insuring proper stock levels for repair parts is critical.
- Problem Solving- Ability to proactively find solutions or manage work related problems is important.
- Reliability- The trait of being dependable and trustworthy is essential.
- Team Building- Strong team building skills are a plus
- Working Under Deadline- Ability to complete assigned tasks under specified deadlines is critical.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- One year related experience and/or training along with AA degree. Or equivalent of education and experience or 3-5 years related experience.
- Use of hand tools and measuring devices is helpful.
- Satisfactory Attendance and performance record within past 12-month period
- Satisfactory completion of associated training programs
- Demonstrated ability of cooperation, leadership and willingness to assist fellow employees in a team-based work environment
- Willingness to work overtime and at times on short notice
- Ability to perform the responsibilities of the position including times when there is limited or no supervision
- Thorough understanding of safety rules and the safe operation of production machinery
- Previous manufacturing experience and length of time with Saint-Gobain will be strongly considered.
- Must be able to walk, sit and Stand for the duration of your shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
OTHER PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Job may require use of ladder or climbing of stairs, shoveling of material and use of equipment when qualified such as floor or MHE machines.
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall, and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.