The Industrial Electrician is responsible for conducting all mechanical and electrical repairs or installations in a safe and timely manner while ensuring that safety is maintained. This individual is responsible for supporting production operations for all maintenance and repairs for electrical problems on a variety of machines such as but not limited to electrical furnaces, control cabinets, spray dryers, and automated hydraulic presses. Analyze, troubleshoot, and maintain all plant equipment through the application of sound PLC troubleshooting techniques and superior repair methodology. This includes PLC troubleshooting, managing contractors, and the implementation of new equipment for manufacturing. This position requires a highly skilled individual with technical knowledge and prior work experience in industrial maintenance to include but not limited to, equipment/facility repair and equipment/facility preventive maintenance. The Industrial Electrician must have the ability, motivation, and desire to carry out daily job assignments in a professional and timely manner. He/she must be able to perform all assigned duties and responsibilities with little supervision.
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
- MA Licensed Electrician required
- 7 years industrial electrical/programming experience or 5 years and a two-year technical degree, preferred.
- High Voltage experience required.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics.
- Computerized Maintenance Management Systems experience preferred.
- Ability to perform mechanical work, valve replacement and motor/gearbox replacement
- Understanding of National Electric Code and UL Codes
- Working knowledge of electrical theories and systems
- Must safely perform the job, following all rules, regulations, and training practices. Perform daily safety inspections and report all unsafe conditions or Near Miss events immediately. Possess detailed knowledge of the National Electric Code. Wear all PPE and ARC Flash gear as required. Use electrical-rated hand tools, power tools, and measuring meters/gauges as intended. Troubleshoot equipment and process problems. Follow all environmental and housekeeping requirements, and properly dispose of waste material, parts, and trash.
- Must possess a wide-ranging skill set with thorough knowledge of electrical power distribution, electronic components, AC/DC circuitry, schematics, and programmable logic controllers (PLC) and a solid working knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic principles.
- Must have extensive experience in industrial or heavy commercial electrical maintenance. This includes installing, repairing, and adjusting electrical components, controls, and equipment per applicable codes and standards. Must be able to locate, troubleshoot, and repair electrical malfunctions in equipment and electrical power distribution components utilizing proper test instruments and rated tools. Sound working knowledge of electronic components, hydraulics, and pneumatics is beneficial. Possessing a strong mechanical aptitude to troubleshoot and repair mechanical malfunctions is preferred
- Install and maintain all electrical systems of the plant.
- Exhibit superior safety practices while performing repairs
- Independently performs maintenance which may include PLC troubleshooting, re-wiring, power distribution issues, etc.
- Troubleshoots and analyzes control systems and electrical systems to resolve hardware and other problems.
- Provide hands-on assistance to Operators and Manufacturing personnel on the production floor to identity opportunities for process improvements and implement solutions.
- Performs preventative maintenance, repair and troubleshooting of electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Interpret schematics and equipment manuals.
- Comply with all safety standards and regulations provided by the company and government (e.g. LOTO, Work Permits, etc.)
- Work in a team or autonomously to complete work orders.
- Document and track all corrective and preventive maintenance performed throughout the course of the day; including searching and issuing parts, documenting equipment issues and entering inspection/measurement points.
- Industrial environment.
- Working outside in all weather conditions. Must be able to work in varying temperatures and climates.
- Working indoors in extreme conditions.
- Possibility of temperatures over 100 °F.
- The work schedule is primarily weekday, second or third shift, but the candidate must be willing to work overtime, weekends, and holidays when needed
This position involves heavy physical activity: lifting and/or moving up to 50 lbs, climbing stairs/ladders, driving and maneuvering forklift trucks, skid steers and other heavy equipment. This position requires continuous bending, carrying, lifting, setting up machines, driving motor powered vehicles, using manual dexterity, pulling, pushing, walking, using hand tools and power tools.
At Saint-Gobain we design, manufacture, and distribute materials which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. Join our innovative, passionate, and entrepreneurial community to improve the world of tomorrow with us.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.