What’s the job?
Provide industrial automation support for the CertainTeed plant located in Peachtree City, GA. This position entails the management, daily troubleshooting support, design and solution implementation of all industrial networks on the manufacturing plant floor, including servers, switches, HMI industrial PC’s and numerous PLC’s.
75% Plant Industrial Network support
- Manage, maintain, and support all industrial network server hardware, virtual machines and installed software.
- Analyze existing network infrastructure, identify weaknesses, vulnerabilities and IT policy compliance issues. Suggest, develop, design and implement solutions with a focus on automation reliability.
- Prepare and submit capital expenditure requests for major improvement projects.
- Develop and maintain documentation of network architecture
- Manage and support all industrial network PC’s running Wonderware HMI software, as well as PC’s used for industrial programming and development.
- Develop and provide written training of network and server troubleshooting for existing plant technical resources including engineers and maintenance technicians.
- Support and troubleshoot PLC’s and associated field IO devices.
- Manage and support extensive security and production camera network and servers.
25% Business Network support (Office)
The incumbent will have responsibilities to analyze and resolve problems related to office based personal computers, windows servers, local area networks, operating systems and all other areas of infrastructure that may come under their control. Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop, server and network problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
- Maintain an inventory of all Computers and related equipment.
What do you bring?
- Minimum of 4-year degree in IT or Engineering.
- 3-5 years prior experience.
- Thorough knowledge and experience of specifying, designing, implementing and maintaining equipment for industrial and business networking, servers, firewalls, switches, PC’s.
- Direct knowledge and hands-on experience with VMware products and solutions.
- Direct knowledge and hands-on experience with SQL Server
- Experience designing and installing network switch and cabling infrastructure. To aid in design, CAD experience is a plus.
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Comfortable working in an industrial plant manufacturing environment.
- Aptitude or interest in learning more about industrial HMI and PLC Programming / Troubleshooting. No previous experience in this area is absolutely required.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong project management skills with excellent written and verbal skills
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Why work for us?
At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while making the world a more beautiful and sustainable home.
What are our perks?
We provide unique options to fit your unique lives! Our Total Rewards Program is customizable to accommodate your needs. Our menu of flexible options includes, but is not limited to:
- Excellent healthcare options: Medical, vision, prescription & dental
- Family Focus & Balance: Parental leave, paid time-off and Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Security: Competitive 401(k), Company-funded Retirement Accumulation Plan and Employee Stock Purchase Program (PEG)
- Tuition Reimbursement: Continuing education for every season of your career
- Pet Insurance options: Insurance plan & prescription discount program for your furry friends
- Employee Recognition Programs
- PerkSpot: Our exclusive one-stop online discount marketplace
- LiveWell: Rewarding you for living a healthy lifestyle
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.