The incumbent must be a mentor capable of generating enthusiasm from direct reports. Responsible for coordinating and providing experienced direct supervision of production staff as assigned in order to meet delivery, safety, service, production demands, quality acceptance criteria and cost objectives.
Principle End Results
Supervises production activities to meet or exceed all quality and deadline requirements.
- Supervise all shift employees responsible for hot end activities within sizing, forming (bushing, winding, and basement), batch, and furnace.
- Responsible for department related activities including selection, appraisals, and discipline for assigned staff.
- Provides leadership in assuring employee physical wellbeing and safety by the development, promotion and enforcement of an uncompromising safety attitude in both supervision and production employees and good safety practices measured by a safety record that exceeds and leads the industry.
- Responsible for coordinating all training requirements of assigned staff.
- Manages and directs the hot end process control program on their shift.
- Monitors Production Department’s conformance with set QA standards and procedures.
- Conducts equipment and process control training for employees engaged in materials handling or product assembly.
- Manages direct employees time, attendance, and vacation to effectively plan for staffing and ensure smooth running of shift.
- Possesses essential time management skills to effectively complete all duties during shift.
- Suggests and assists with the implementation of methods for improving product quality, design, and manufacturing processes.
- Troubleshoot and provide corrective action leadership of the maintenance crew on duty.
- Standardize process settings and procedures.
- Propose and coordinate new projects in the hot end, including management of contractors. Key participant in all production improvement projects.
- Evaluate quality trends to address quality issues early. Utilize Quick Kaizen events where possible.
- Lead World Class Manufacturing (WCM) projects in the hot end area.
- Sustains and audits WCM practices (5S, AM calendar, etc.).
- Understands Lean Manufacturing Principles (Kaizen, 5S, Pilot Projects) and participates, supports and is familiar with Continuous Improvements methodology as it relates to WCM initiatives.
- Develop and maintain a high degree of technical expertise for the design of all Saint-Gobain ADFORS products. Understanding of the system and operation the product is part of, assuring compatibility.
- Maintain good labor relations by equitable administration of work rules, consistency and open communication with all employees to ensure employees are treated with dignity and respect.
- Dedicated to serve on committee, i.e. WCM, plant safety, continuous improvement, LiveWell and Recognition programs.
- Responsible for the identification of conditions which may vary from standard and alerts others for resolution.
- The incumbent works within a framework of established standard practices and procedures. Maintains the level of latitude to deviate from priorities established by production schedules. This position is the first management level of supervising semi-skilled or skilled personnel. This role focuses heavily on training and directing subordinate personnel in their assigned tasks.
- Associate degree in Industrial, Business or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Business or Mechanical Engineering is preferred.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and three (3) or more years’ experience in a manufacturing facility required. Experience in fiberglass manufacturing highly preferred.
- Three (3) years supervision experience within an industrial/manufacturing environment.
- Strong public speaking and interpersonal skills.
- Basics of project management, i.e. planning timeframes, coordinating decision making processes.
- Required to have a valid driver’s license for business travel, approximately 60% of the time during training period, lowering to approximately 10% of the time thereafter.
ADFORS belongs to the Saint-Gobain group, the world leader in the habitat and construction markets. Saint-Gobain designs, manufactures and distributes building and high-performance materials, providing innovative solutions to the challenges of growth, energy efficiency and environmental protection for over 350 years.
At Saint-Gobain, we believe diversity is a competitive advantage. Diversity of gender, background, ethnicity, experience and thought all enable us to develop solutions that are smarter, clearer and more effective.
Focused on the construction and industrial markets, ADFORS offers solutions based on a complete range of textile and coating technologies using fiberglass yarns and synthetic fibers.
ADFORS is the reliable and innovative global leader in technical textiles, offering the most adapted solutions to meet your needs; and guided by its purpose, “MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER HOME”.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.