Saint-Gobain has an immediate employment opportunity in the Holly Springs area for a PLC Specialist Maintenance Technician. This is an opportunity to become part of a family-friendly team, in an expanding company, with room for advancement.
Schedule: 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM, Monday - Friday
Job status: Full-time – Permanent
- Medical, Dental, vision, short/long term disability, and life insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Paid vacation and personal/sick time
- Paid holidays
- PLC - Interpret schematics, program the computer and machine, along with troubleshooting, training, and maintaining all records
- Technical troubleshooting of control systems, not limited to PLC, HMI, motor control centers, instrumentation, and networking of industrial control systems
- Program and replace VFDs
- Install, maintain, and repair production machines and plant equipment
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test, and make adjustments
- Use various hand and power tools, electric meters, and material handling equipment in performing duties
- Detect faulty operations, defective material, and report any unusual situations to Supervisor
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
If you are offered this position, it is contingent on your successful completion of any required pre-employment checks.
***We are an equal opportunity employer. While we appreciate all expressed interest in joining our team, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted***
- 5 years of consecutive Mechanical, Maintenance, Electrical, and Welding experience
- Associate Engineering Technology graduate or High School diploma/general education degree (GED) and a minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience required
- 3-5 years experience in Electrical and Process Instrument Troubleshooting or Industrial Maintenance Mechanics required
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations to include conversions, weight measurements, volume, and distance
- Understand three-phase power wiring, run conduit, wire motors, and troubleshoot electrical problems
- Experience with a variety of PLCs, and DCS systems
- Knowledge of mechanical troubleshooting/repair of electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic production machines.
- Proficient with hand tools, drill press, bench grinder, band saw, pipe threader, chop saw, torch, hand power tools
- Previous work experience in Lean Principles or WCM (World Class Manufacturing)
- Experience in networking, IIoT, and automation
HERE WE "GROW" AGAIN!
On July 29, 2022, Saint-Gobain completed the acquisition of Kaycan, a manufacturer and distributor of exterior building materials in the United States and Canada. With this acquisition, Saint-Gobain reinforced its worldwide leadership in light and sustainable construction. We are excited to add new complimentary products to our broad offering of exterior building solutions.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.