Why work for us?
At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while our products make the world a more beautiful, safer, and sustainable home.
What’s the job?
- Demonstrate an absolute commitment to safety by maintaining an accident-free environment through effective safety training and safe working conditions.
- Leading the facility to ensure all health, safety and environmental activities and programs are following all local, state, and federal regulatory standards.
- Lead the plant’s safety efforts by supporting all aspects of a safe work environment for our employees to work through coaching, training, and culture changes.
- Developing or utilizing existing tools for the employees to work safely and in total compliance with all laws, regulations, and Company policies.
- Provide essential communication with various departments and teams to successfully prioritize and complete assigned projects.
- Principally serve in a hands-on consulting and support capacity and will work closely with all levels of hourly and salary personnel.
- Support department managers by advising and supporting their efforts surrounding safety audits/inspections; and incident investigations including OSHA recordable and near misses; and periodic evaluation of training needs.
- Lead and support department managers in all environmental requirements, reporting and training.
What do you bring?
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety Engineering, Environmental Engineering or related technical areas is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as Safety and Environmental Management experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment preferred.
- Must have thorough knowledge and understanding of OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Must have experience in accessing, developing, implementing, and maintaining necessary safety and environment programs and initiatives to promote and achieve strict EHS goals, standards, and objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills tailored to the appropriate audience
- Ability to work well at all levels within the organization, comfortable in a manufacturing environment
- Good interpersonal skills, planning, organization, and prioritizing are essential.
- Team building skills, along with the ability to facilitate action plans.
- Must have knowledge of computer systems and software applications, including Microsoft Office applications.
What are our perks?
We provide unique options to fit your unique lives! Our Total Rewards Program is customizable to accommodate your needs. Our menu of flexible options includes, but is not limited to:
- Excellent healthcare options: Medical, vision, prescription & dental
- Family Focus & Balance: Parental leave, paid time-off and Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Security: Competitive 401(k), Company-funded Retirement Accumulation Plan and Employee Stock Purchase Program (PEG)
- Tuition Reimbursement: Continuing education for every season of your career
- Pet Insurance options: Insurance plan & prescription discount program for your furry friends
- Employee Recognition Programs
- PerkSpot: Our exclusive one-stop online discount marketplace
- LiveWell: Rewarding you for living a healthy lifestyle
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.