WORK SCHEDULE: 1st Shift
Monday - Friday
7AM - 3:30PM
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, and using continuous improvement tools and principles, this position is responsible to repair, troubleshoot, and improve existing production equipment used in the production and fabrication of CertainTeed’s BuffTech Fence, Deck, and Railing products.
Safety is critical to every position and person within CertainTeed and within the Buffalo Plant. There is no task or assignment performed without safety at the forefront of our thoughts and actions. The business has an absolute commitment to safety above all else. The position will be expected to use continuous improvement tools and principles to improve safety, quality, service, and efficiency of our operations.
- Safely troubleshoot, repair and replace parts on production equipment such as but not limited to saws, pullers, routers, pumps, blowers, motors, loading systems, etc.
- Change grinder bed and rotary blades on the PVC grinder.
- Troubleshoot and repair blending equipment such as but not limited to the heat mixer, cool mixer, receiving hoppers, scales, micro stations, etc.
- Troubleshoot and repair screw cooling, barrel cooling, and heating systems on extruder barrels
- Change wrapper rolls on the large shrink wrapper
- Perform basic electrical functions such as but not limited to building extension cords up to 480v 3 phase; basic wiring of motors (A/C and D/C), pumps, lighting, etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance, track, record and update tasks in the maintenance management system on a computer database.
- Administrative duties – processing SAP work orders, signing out parts using a scan gun, and ordering parts through purchase order systems.
- Performing safety observations and entering data in Gensuite.
- Perform other tasks as requested by the supervisor
- Education: High school diploma
- Basic computer knowledge or experience in Word, Excel, and Outlook preferred
- Certifications: 2 year certification or degree in mechanical, electrical, welding, or machining preferred
- Certified as Authorized User in Lockout/Tag out, Forklift and Scissor Lift.
- Experience: 2 years as a CertainTeed Maintenance Mechanic I or 3 years related experience in mechanical/electrical field in a production environment preferred.
- Ability to identify problems, determine causes, identify solutions, verify that the solution has eliminated the problem, and follow up.
- Ability to use basic hand tools such as but not limited to electrical testing meters, grinders, drills, hand saws, and basic machine shop tools such as lathes, mills, drill presses, power band saws, sanders, brakes, etc.
- Recognize recurring problems and work to eliminate them.
- Use continuous improvement principles to improve our safety, quality, service, and efficiency.
OTHER PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Job may require use of ladder or climbing of stairs, shoveling of material and use of equipment when qualified such as floor or MHE machines.
- Position may be exposed to seasonal temperatures in winter and summer.
- Position is typical of medium industrial environment exposed to dust, grease and other contaminates that require proper management and control through use of approved/ provided PPE.
“What We Do Matters”
Why work for us?
At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while our products make the world a more beautiful, safer, and sustainable home.
“You Matter to Us”
What are our perks?
We provide unique options to fit your unique lives! Our Total Rewards Program is customizable to accommodate your needs. Our menu of flexible options includes, but is not limited to:
- Excellent healthcare options: Medical, vision, prescription & dental
- Family Focus & Balance: Parental leave, paid time-off and Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Security: Competitive 401(k), Company-funded Retirement Accumulation Plan and Employee Stock Purchase Program (PEG)
- Tuition Reimbursement: Continuing education for every season of your career
- Pet Insurance options: Insurance plan & prescription discount program for your furry friends
- Employee Recognition Programs
- PerkSpot: Our exclusive one-stop online discount marketplace
- LiveWell: Rewarding you for living a healthy lifestyle
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.