Safety is of primary importance to this and all positions. The Extrusion Operator is primarily responsible for
operating and packaging material on the production line. Work must be completed safely in a well-organized
manner at a clean workstation. Work must meet or exceed quality standards. The Extrusion Operator is also
responsible for completing all required documentation relating to the product and work performed. Punctuality
and dependability are essential parts of this job as well as the ability to effectively work as a part of a team.
• Adhere to all plant/OSHA safety rules
• Comply with all Job Safety Analyses and assessments
• Perform safety inspections and report all unsafe conditions immediately.
• Wear all PPE as required
• Follow all environmental and housekeeping requirements including properly disposing of trash, regularly sweeping, keeping material, oil and water off floors.
• Ensure line and work station are clean prior to leaving at shift end
• Participate in training to learn and demonstrate mastery of running the production line
• Operate the production line including making product changes as needed
• Perform established quality checks and report all defects
• Ensure product meets all dimensional and cosmetic standards
• Document properly according to guidelines
• Package product per specification including proper palletization of product, correctly coding and placing labels, slip sheets, and bands on the product
• Properly enter production and inventory information correctly into system
• Any other duties assigned.
• High Accuracy- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly is essential.
• Good Communication (Oral) – Ability to communicate with supervisor, co-workers and managers effectively is essential. Climb (O) Crawl (O) Squat/Kneel (O) Bend (F)
• Sound Decision Making- Ability to make decisions while following all Company safety rules and procedures is essential.
• Very Detail Oriented- Ability to note minute detail impacting product quality and packaging is critical.
• High Honesty/Integrity- The trait of being truthful and credible within the workplace is essential.
• Very Organized- Ability to follow a systematic method to produce and package product maintaining a clean, well-organized work area and ensuring proper stock levels for shrouds, bands, and labels is critical.
• Good Problem Solving- Ability to proactively find solutions or manage work-related problems is important.
• Highly Reliable- The trait of being dependable and trustworthy is essential.
• Adept at Team Building- Strong team building skills are a plus
• Working Under Deadline- Ability to complete assigned tasks, maintain production output standards and improve yield under specified deadlines is critical.
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
• 1-2 years of related work experience in a manufacturing environment preferre
• 1-2 years of related work experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
• Related education or trade school experience a plus and may take the place of needed manufacturing
• Comfort and prior successful use of hand tools and measuring devices is helpful.
OTHER PERFORMANCE STANDARDS: (not all inclusive)
• Satisfactory Attendance and performance record sustained in a rolling 12-month period
• Satisfactory completion of associated training programs
• Demonstrated ability of cooperation, leadership, and willingness to assist fellow employees in a teambased work environment
• Willingness to work, including overtime, on short notice
• Ability to perform the responsibilities of the position including times when there is limited or no
• Thorough understanding of safety rules and the safe operation of production machinery
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall, and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.
Location: Social Circle, Georgia
Posting Date: 02/23/2023
Job Code: USA04427See yourself here