The HR Supervisor within the Distribution Center located in Plainfield, IN will work closely with HR professionals and SOA/Site Management teams to develop our people priorities and align HR practices and processes that support the business strategy.
They will be tasked with overseeing the HR activity tied to the Distribution Center site to effectively identify & lead the people actions, talent acquisition and development strategy for the assigned functional areas.
The incumbent will manage the core components of the HR function including but not limited to performance management, compensation and benefits, organization planning and employee experience, with specific focus being on Talent Acquisition needs and Employee Engagement Efforts.
Building the business' capabilities to achieve its goals & objectives by attracting, developing & retaining talent and fostering a healthy organization are core to this position.
In alignment with the business strategy, the HR Supervisor will implement and support an HR strategy working closely with the Leadership Teams of associated groups and extended HR team to deliver solutions to business problems and resources that help the business achieve its objectives.
• Partner with the functional leaders to design and implement people programs and organizational structures that align to business objectives of growth and mobility.
• Build, manage and develop a world-class HR strategy that drives positive employee relations, creates and sustains a productive and customer centric culture.
Leads Talent Management strategies in the business, including workforce planning, succession planning, talent acquisition.
• Executes approaches to Leadership Development, assessing leadership, talent management processes, and new leader assimilation.
• Personally assesses leadership skills, develops and coaches leadership to build high-performing leadership teams.
• Counsels leadership on matters concerning development of staff.
• Provides training and development solutions, focusing on enabling key capabilities. Delivers effective staffing strategies and tactics.
• Position Saint-Gobain as an employer of choice among our current and future employees by determining best practices to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee engagement
• Develop a candidate sourcing strategy to build specialized applicant pools and selection processes that align with the organization’s competency needs
• Drive continual succession planning, talent assessment and development initiatives across the organization
Employee Relations and Culture:
Promotes employee engagement through the development, communication and implementation of pro-active employee relations initiatives.
• Builds an effective relationship with employees. Investigates and resolves employee relations issues and complaints. Ensures fairness and diversity in all practices and is an employee advocate.
• Works with managers to drive organizational performance and promote valued behaviors.
• Identify and proactively mitigate risk and potential liability with respect to people management issues;
• Develop and disseminate HR policies and procedures to provide clarity and consistency in employee relations and in accordance with employment law and Saint-Gobain values
• Work with leaders and employees to nurture and drives a positive culture, build and develop programs that foster innovation, agility and that challenges the norms
• Analyze HR and employee data to monitor the desired impact of programs and services
• Develop and execute communication strategies to constantly share information about the business, HR programs and offerings, and other relevant information.
• Supports and manages annual cycle for merit & bonus planning. Compliance:
• Comply with and advocate for Health, Safety & Environmental programs
• Coach and counsel functional management as appropriate on all HR and business issues
• Interprets policy and provides advice and counsel to mitigate risk and remain compliant.
• Counsels and advises locations on requirements of and compliance with ICRF
• Measures and utilizes key HR metrics to operate by.
• 3-5 years of experience as an HR Supervisor with exposure to senior management teams and leading projects and programs (Required)
• Bachelors Degree in HR or Finance (Required)
• Excellent written, communication, presentation and internal interaction with peers, all levels of management and all site and HR functional individuals
• Decisions may have a far-reaching financial and human impact. This position has a decision-making role in the design and implementation of a strategy that will move the organization toward world-class manufacturing. Decisions will impact productivity, quality, cost, safety, and employee morale.
• Ability to travel up to 25%
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now