“This Job Matters”
What's the job?
Schedule: Monday-Friday Day Shift in the Malvern, PA office 5 days per week.
The primary role of a User & Site Support Analyst (Level 1) is to support Saint Gobain Employees located in any Headquarter or Field location with day to day PC issues, and provide support to the service desk. The User & Site Support Analyst (Level 1) will be responsible for configuring new PC infrastructure equipment, along with keeping existing PC infrastructure equipment up to date and working properly for Saint Gobain Employees in the locations that they are assigned to. They will also act as the remote eyes and hands for the other SGTS team to support local infrastructure needs at the field locations. The User & Site Support Analyst (Level 1) will be the first escalation for the ITSM vendor.
- Carries out interventions with users
- Takes charge of troubleshooting incidents requiring an intervention
- Provides users local technical support and assistance
- Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
- Assess the need for and implement performance upgrades to PC boxes, including the installation of CPUs, I/O and NIC cards, hard disks, hard drives, RAM and so on.
- Collaborate with immediate supervisor to ensure efficient operation of the company’s desktop computing environment.
- Where required, administer, and resolve issues with associated end-user workstation software products.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls and/or e-mails regarding desktop problems.
- Answer to and perform moves, adds, and changes (MAC) requests as they are submitted by line managers.
- Ensure that physical desktop connections are in proper working order.
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring desktop operations.
- Maintain an inventory of all Computers and related equipment.
- Update all configuration items in ServiceNow
- Accurately document instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal.
Job Description Continued
Security / Standards Adherence
- Keep abreast of all new Security changes both from Saint-Gobain and Outside vendors
- Assist with management and enforcement of IT Security polices and standards established by Saint-Gobain.
- Assist Authorized Order Placers with general questions and order issues
- Assist with placing orders for Delegation and CT Shared Services groups
- Assist with Mobility Tickets – Troubleshoot Mobile phone issues
- Assist with account administration when needed
- Ensure that customer needs are taken into account in line with the strategy defined by DSI Group.
- Measure customer satisfaction and provide reporting.
- Handle customer complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits; follow up to ensure resolution
- Resolves service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with customer through open and interactive communication.
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies.
- Escalates issues to level 2 User and Site Support
- Alerts Level 2 and Technical writer of changes needed to Knowledge base articles
- Will occasionally require working outside of normal business hours.
- On-call availability 24 / 7 with cell phone coverage
- Other duties as assigned by their immediate supervisor
Your Skills Matter”
What do you bring?
- Associate's or bachelor’s degree (technical or business related) preferred.
- 3+ years applicable work experience with PC and/or IT management is required. Prior experience servicing internal customers in a large complex organization is preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office/M365 is required. Experience with other Microsoft Office tools and workflow software is preferred.
- Ability to influence others without having direct authority.
- Experienced in applying and following established procedures and work instructions to complete day to day responsibilities, which are generally well-defined and straight-forward, but require occasional deviations. Requires good analytical and problem solving skills, capable of sound decision making.
- Focus efforts and attention on understanding and satisfying customer needs, while participating in the Company's quality standards.
- Good written / verbal communication skills. Listen to others to interact in the most appropriate and constructive way.
“You Matter to Us”
What are our perks?
We provide unique options to fit your unique lives! Our Total Rewards Program is customizable to accommodate your needs. Our menu of flexible options includes, but is not limited to:
- Excellent healthcare options: Medical, vision, prescription & dental
- Family Focus & Balance: Parental leave, paid time-off and Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Security: Competitive 401(k), Company-funded Retirement Accumulation Plan and Employee Stock Purchase Program (PEG)
- Tuition Reimbursement: Continuing education for every season of your career
- Pet Insurance options: Insurance plan & prescription discount program for your furry friends
- Employee Recognition Programs
- PerkSpot: Our exclusive one-stop online discount marketplace
- LiveWell: Rewarding you for living a healthy lifestyle
“What We Do Matters”
Why work for us?
At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while our products make the world a more beautiful, safer, and sustainable home.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.