The Extrusion Operator will safely operate extrusion machines, feeding raw material into machine to create medical-grade tubing and profiles, per detailed drawings, attribute specifications, and routing notes. Must perform dimensional inspections to ensure product is extruded in accordance with the provided specifications, using micrometers, calipers, tape measure, pi tape, optical comparator, and other measuring tools. This Operator must also record in-process inspections and verifications using Good Documentation Practices (GDP). Operator is also responsible for machine setup and tear-down between jobs. Must be mechanically inclined and proficient with computers.
• Safely produce silicone extruded products and practice trouble shooting processes with limited supervision.
• Read and interpret written work processes, manufacturing aides, models, and basic prints.
• Proficient in the use of general computer programs and current industrial technology including QAD, MQ1, and FACTIVITY.
• Perform designated job functions adhering to standards as defined by SOP’s, MOP’s, ISO standards, & GMP.
• Proficient in the safe use of power and hand tools for defined processes.
• Able to perform general math equations, knowledge of metric and standard systems, complete accurate documentation, multi-task, and stand for multiple hours.
• Minimum High School Diploma or GED, required.
• Machine operating experience, required.
• Extrusion operating experience, strongly preferred.
• Computer use experience, required.
• Mechanically inclined, required.
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world. Within its Life Sciences division, teams are solving critical problems for customers who are getting life-saving medical devices to the frontlines of healthcare, discovering essential medications, and nourishing and connecting the world through consumer, industrial and electronics applications.
As one of the world’s leading producers of high-performance polymer products, we improve lives by making simple experiences better and being there in life’s critical moments. Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones. With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Life Sciences; and together, we’ll create a better life.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.
Extrusion Operator (Nights)
Location: Beaverton, Michigan
Posting Date: 09/21/2022
Job Code: USA03745See yourself here