• Responsible for troubleshooting electrical, mechanical and pneumatic malfunctions, moving and installing equipment, analyzing, PLCs and motor drives. Disassembles, adjusts, repairs and/or reassembles machine tool components, including but not limited to hydraulics, clutches, brakes, turrets, etc. Designs and fabricates parts and performs modifications. Assists with development of equipment specifications. In addition to using normal machine tools, repairs or fabricates special parts. Design, update and modify electrical systems.
• Troubleshoots, analyzes and repairs all equipment, inclusive of electrical controls (with or without prints and direction). Inspects repairs, replaces, installs, adjusts and maintains electrical/mechanical equipment and machinery as required. Works from machine prints, sketches, manuals and/or verbal directives. Investigates problems identified by production personnel & supervision. Researches new approaches to solve problems & replace equipment. Monitors processes as required.
• Installations of New Equipment - a) Receives parts on order, installs electrical components and wiring in panels. b) Mounts panel per specifications and connects to power source. c) Installs wiring. d) Makes final electrical terminations. e) Tests to insure proper functioning of new equipment. f) Perform these duties in a neat and workmanlike manner.
• Schedule and perform periodic inspections of assigned electrical equipment, looking for defects, and proactive upgrading of equipment. Investigate reports of electrical breakdowns and collect maintenance data for analysis.
• Responsible for the performance of scheduled Preventive Maintenance (PM) on all assigned machinery and equipment. Establishes and assures proper record maintenance. Cleans equipment during downtime. Recalibrate production equipment’s electrical components.
• Work with Parts & Inventory Coordinator to maintain appropriate supply of spare parts and maintenance supplies (reorder, as required); may need to meet with vendors and purchasing department.
• Responsible for performing required audits in addition to cleaning, painting and maintaining 5S or other efficiency management programs. Must work in a manner that is safe while continuously ensuring quality, production and performance expectations are met. Responsible for performing SMATs and be an active participant in all other facility audit, manufacturing and efficiency programs. a) Has completed Arc Flash Training b) Follows National Electric Code c) Ensures that alarms are functioning properly for eye-wash station & showers d) Repairs any safety problems found throughout the plant e) Uses proper tag-out & lock-out procedures f) Works in a safe manner following standard safety operating procedures. g) Uses common sense to prevent electrical injury h) Wears appropriate arc flash and/or other personal protective equipment as required. i) Operates forklift truck & other equipment in a safe & efficient manner.
• High Voltage Equipment a) Cleans transformer and high voltage equipment during plant shutdown b) Coordinates with outside contractors to gain access to high voltage equipment Incumbent is responsible for performing all other duties as assigned until properly relieved.
• Highschool Diploma or Equivalent - General Studies - Required
• Journeyworker - Electrician - Required
• Technical Certificate / Associate's Degree in Electrical Construction & Maintenance, opr related field - Preferred
• 5+ years of Electrical Machine Repair experience is required
• The incumbent must be fully capable of wiring, installing conduit and disconnects and other related electrical components in voltages up to 600 volts. Able to operate electrical switch gears and vacuums switches in voltages up to 600 volts.
• Must be able to interpret and update blueprints, schematics, machine manuals and drawings and be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Analytical and problem solving skills, mechanical aptitude and effective communication skills are a necessity.
• This position is concerned with a variety of areas in our Manufacturing facility and is visible to all employees and the incumbent must interact with a variety of departments through integrity, knowledge, and personal example. Must conduct self in a manner that demonstrates cooperation, leadership, and willingness to assist fellow workers with handling issues as they arise and provide assistance and training as may be necessary from time to time. Must be a team player.
• Must have good interpersonal skills.
• Must have basic computer skills – proficient with MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Familiarity with MS Access.
• Must be able to work unsupervised, efficiently and safely.
• Must be certified/licensed to drive a forklift truck, boom lift & scissor lift.
• Hazardous materials certification required.
• This position requires heavy physical activity. Continuous bending, carrying, fastening, holding, installing, lifting up to 100 pounds, climbing ladders (approximately 14 feet off the ground), and working in a dusty environment. (as needed)
• Because this position works outside, as well as in the plant, working conditions will be cold in winter, hot and humid in summer.
• Works any shift as assigned and occasional overtime as required.
Saint-Gobain Ceramics Division regroups Saint-Gobain’s businesses specialized in ceramic-based solutions for industrial clients. Our product range spans from advanced ceramic grains and powders, to specialty refractories and ceramic systems. We offer “Material Solutions That Make a Difference”, in the sense that our ceramic products and services are mission-critical to our customers’ own applications. At the heart of industry, we pride ourselves in serving segment-leading customers across the world, through long-term, trust-based relationships. At Saint-Gobain, our people are our most valuable asset so we provide competitive base salary and incentive compensation packages to reward and recognize employees for their contributions toward the company's success.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now