Saint-Gobain Abrasives is hiring a Sr. Product Manager for our FFS (Flap, Fiber, Specialties) product line. This position will be responsible for ensuring achievement of strategic, business and financial objectives for the FFS portfolio. She/he will have responsibility for growing sales and profitability of the FFS portfolio through effective product line management, as well as proactive and timely delivery of new product development objectives. The Sr. Product Manager will be responsible for product planning and definition to ensure the product delivers value to target customers, achieves portfolio objectives and brand positioning. The job duties include:
1. Develop and implement annual business plans and strategies for the Coated Abrasives FFS product lines that serve a wide variety of markets in order to maximize long-term selective growth and return on investment for the Abrasives Business.
2. Provide marketing leadership and technical support.
3. Develop pricing strategies and approve price exceptions.
4. Provide input and justification of R&D resources and planning for new product technology and development.
5. Manage cost/price relationships, sales forecasts and new product launches.
6. Conduct market research, provide sales forecasts and identify new or expanding markets for assigned product lines.
7. Assist in developing finished goods inventory levels and sourcing strategies.
8. Direct project management in new emerging market development in order to exploit product technology when ready for commercialization.
9. Develop technical and promotional literature in addition to writing articles for technical publications/trade journals.
10. Provide technical expertise on product applications, technology and design, as well as competitive situations and product profitability.
11. Analyze, understand and manage the assigned product lines and life cycles.
12. Engage with national distribution community and function as point person for the portfolio within the Product Management team.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or Engineering; MBA preferred.
2. 5-8 years of progressive experience in manufacturing, product management, sales/marketing and new product development is preferred.
3. Eligible candidates should possess solid knowledge of finance, costing, and R&D functions.
4. Strong commercial skills a plus.
5. Proven capabilities in planning, organizing, integrating and measuring programs and projects, with working knowledge of financial levers required to positively impact P&L and cash flow.
6. Strong problem solving, analytical and computer skills (Windows Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
7. Must have the ability to work effectively and positively with all organizational levels, be proactive and innovative.
8. Strong analytical skills with demonstrated experience in financial metrics used for decision-making. Process orientation for execution and improvement of processes.
9. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
10. Flexible and able to manage multiple projects
11. Ability to travel up to 25-30%. International travel to Tijuana, Mexico is required.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.
Sr. Product Manager, FFS (Flap-Fiber-Specialties)
Location: Watervliet, New York
Posting Date: 09/19/2022
Job Code: USA03725See yourself here