Responsible for planning, overseeing and leading business development for the Saint-Gobain Circular Economy Business. This is a senior role and requires interaction with a range of internal and external stakeholders from C-Suite to shop floor often while managing several moving project parts simultaneously. Often driving change across a variety of our business units and organizational cultures, this position requires both agility and an empowering mindset. Our internal and external customers rely on timely and efficient status reports, and the Business Development Manager leads the charge with direction, metric definition and tracking, and performance management. This role provides a single point of accountability for all aspects of assigned Circular Economy projects – pulling together the spokes as the hub of a wheel.
- Works with relevant internal and external business stakeholders to support the implementation of the Group strategy for Circular Economy as defined by the CE MD. This includes define strategic scope, goals, and deliverables in collaboration with management, project sponsors, product owners, architects, and other stakeholders. Drive or assist teams with maintaining focus on project success throughout the delivery cycle.
- Serve as the point of aggregation of business CE efforts including tracking specific NA business CE projects, relevant external partners and potential new circular economy opportunities.
- Work with business R&D and operations to build and maintain a current roster of key raw material and process attributes to ensure new circular economy opportunities can be appropriately vetted and shared across NA BUs.
- Effectively communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion, continuously manage objectives, and hold project team members accountable for delivery
- Lead project execution and delivery and help project teams maintain an overall project vision with supporting project plans.
- Identify and manage multiple project dependencies, critical path items, and project risks.
- Support formulation and implementation of enterprise project standards. Plan, schedule, and track project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools. Develop and advocate best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Support formulation and implementation of enterprise project management training.
- Proactively manage changes in multiple project scopes, identify potential roadblocks, and devise contingency plans.
- Build and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Develop and deliver progress reports to management and other stakeholder including issue/action item logs, project status, and risks. Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Conduct post-project reviews and make recommendations for continuous excellence in project execution and delivery.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
What do you bring?
- 5-7+ years of relevant experience in a complex, matrixed or multi-business environment with cross functional teams
- Hands on experience with project management, either as a project manager, connected to a project management office, or consulting with clients in similar areas. Alternatively, experience in a corporate strategy, business development, or similar functions
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Practical knowledge of both agile and non-agile project methodologies.
- Broad experience with SG constructions products including understanding of raw materials and processes as well as their relevant supply chains.
- Experience working directly with business/functional leadership in a sponsorship or report out capacity. Experience working with C-suite preferred but not required
- Experience managing projects that are software/application development and IT infrastructure related. Proficient in MS Office products.
- Background in business skills, management, budgeting and analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including executives, managers, and technical staff. Must be able to distill information from multiple sources into understandable and compelling assets (powerpoints, emails, etc) for executives and decision makers
- Highly agile; ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines thorough analytical and problem-solving skills. Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Capability to apply critical thinking to project situations, especially when identifying dependencies or key decision points. Ability to make judgment calls or recommendations to guide resolution, oversee the resolution plan, and represent status and impacts to key project stakeholders.
- Experience planning and facilitating effective meetings. Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including executive management, customers, and other departments.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to resolve conflict and build compromise
- Self-directed - adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products. Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Curious; willingness and interest to learn about various part of the business
- Ability to conceptualize solutions from general information, limited uncertainty, and defined opportunities. Able to begin work without all of the information, and maintain a willingness to refine as more information comes along
Ability to give and receive constructive feedback in the spirit of continuous improvement
“You Matter to Us”
What are our perks?
We provide unique options to fit your unique lives! Our Total Rewards Program is customizable to accommodate your needs. Our menu of flexible options includes, but is not limited to:
- Excellent healthcare options: Medical, vision, prescription & dental
- Family Focus & Balance: Parental leave, paid time-off and Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Security: Competitive 401(k), Company-funded Retirement Accumulation Plan and Employee Stock Purchase Program (PEG)
- Tuition Reimbursement: Continuing education for every season of your career
- Pet Insurance options: Insurance plan & prescription discount program for your furry friends
- Employee Recognition Programs
- PerkSpot: Our exclusive one-stop online discount marketplace
- LiveWell: Rewarding you for living a healthy lifestyle
“What We Do Matters”
Why work for us?
At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while our products make the world a more beautiful, safer, and sustainable home.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.