Saint-Gobain, a leader in global manufacturing, is looking for Financial Analysts to join the Finance division of their North American businesses based out of Malvern, PA or Mississauga, Ontario. This position is part of the “Essentials of Finance” development program.
As part of the “Essentials of Finance” development program, you will spend 12 months assigned to one specific business unit or function as a Financial Analyst while also attending monthly training and development courses to further improve your corporate financial competency and contribute to the success of Saint-Gobain North America.
These positions will assist with analysis of monthly financial statements, updating recurring reports, supporting projects to improve efficiency, and ad hoc analyses.
- Prepare financial statements for management reporting that will include, but not limited to:
- analyzing business unit performance by providing financial analyses.
- actual vs. budget and actual vs. prior year variance analyses.
- balance sheet, income statement, cash flow statement data, and other key performance metrics.
- Extracting data from multiple systems to update recurring reporting. Including, but not limited to: SAP, Qlikview, SFDC & Magnitude.
- Assist team in the development of annual budget and quarterly reforecasting.
- Support the business unit or functional finance team in
- Projects that will improve reporting efficiency
- Performing financial analyses and review for key businesses financial data.
- Attend and participate in all ten Essentials of Finance development courses and one team cohort project.
- Ad hoc analysis for Management in order to support decision making.
- Graduated from a Business School or Equivalent with a major in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of 12 months of related business experience, including internships.
- Fundamental knowledge of financial statements, ratios, and main concepts of GAAP / IFRS.
- Advanced level of proficiency in Excel, including macros, linking of multiple files, logical formulas and downloading of data from other systems.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Windows software. (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Preference for experience using corporate ERP system (i.e. SAP, Oracle, etc.).
- This position requires someone who is able to work independently after receiving direction from their direct manager and/or team members.
- Because this individual will work with multiple levels of the organization, including senior management, strong interpersonal skills are required.
- Mindset of being mobile with flexibility to consider other finance positions within the organization as opportunities present themselves.
- An analytical thinking style is preferred so the individual can perform value-added analysis and challenge results.
- Creativity and resourcefulness are important attributes since the individual will work on projects to improve reporting efficiency.
- Rigorous person with a high level of detail and care for their work product.
- Inquisitive nature to learn.
Why work for us?
At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while our products make the world a more beautiful, safer, and sustainable home.
What are our perks?
We provide unique options to fit your unique lives! Our Total Rewards Program is customizable to accommodate your needs. Our menu of flexible options includes, but is not limited to:
- Excellent healthcare options: Medical, vision, prescription & dental
- Family Focus & Balance: Parental leave, paid time-off and Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Security: Competitive 401(k), Company-funded Retirement Accumulation Plan and Employee Stock Purchase Program (PEG)
- Tuition Reimbursement: Continuing education for every season of your career
- Pet Insurance options: Insurance plan & prescription discount program for your furry friends
- Employee Recognition Programs
- PerkSpot: Our exclusive one-stop online discount marketplace
- LiveWell: Rewarding you for living a healthy lifestyle
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.