Why work for us?
At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while our products make the world a more beautiful, safer, and sustainable home.
What’s the job?
The Principle Engineer develops, implements, and manages various electrical projects throughout the plant. The incumbent supports all aspects of manufacturing facility by providing technical expertise, and provides electrical engineering discipline to implement various engineering projects as assigned. This position also provides necessary support in coordinating proper maintenance of process equipment and facilities. This position reports directly to the Engineering Manager.
It is the intent of the Senior Principle Project Engineer to be a team leader on major capital projects to produce roofing products. It is expected that this position will take the lead in developing new and innovative processes for roofing. Complete design projects using appropriate engineering, design verification and quality process controls.
- Provide technical support to plant personnel and maintain engineering documentation, CAD, and other drawing files which support project work and engineering.
- Interacts with Suppliers, Procurement, Manufacturing, and other RPG employees to develop designs, acquire prototypes and produce special-build/experimental modules.
- Provides input into planning and scheduling of projects and preparing capital expenditures.
- Performs root cause analysis as well as implements sustainable countermeasures on losses related to maintenance.
- Interacts with Managers and Supervisors at plant and corporate personnel to secure appropriate resources to plan and implement projects.
- Cross-functional coordination with the mechanical engineer as assigned by the Engineering Manager.
- Works closely with Production and Engineering Manager to coordinate any proposed changes using the change management system.
- Completes sub-module component engineering projects with minimal oversight.
- Facilitates smooth transition of new designs to Manufacturing, including assessment of technical risk and feedback on qualification testing plan.
- Proven ability to design, manage and implement projects of a technical nature.
- Responsible for improving the reliability of the production equipment.
- Report all EH&S incidents – Injuries/Recordables, Near Misses, First Aid, Environmental and Property/Equipment Damage.
- Ensure adherence to Waste Management and Recycling responsibilities.
- Participate in Incident & Near Miss Investigations to determine root cause and corrective actions.
What do you bring?
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering or similar discipline; or five (5) years of equivalent training and experience to have comprehensive knowledge of the practices, procedures and regulations associated with fundamental electrical engineering principles.
- Ability to perform and navigate PLC programing, writing and debugging.
- Experience with Allen Bradley drives, Siemens drives, Allen Bradley PLC’s, CTI PLC’s, WonderWard, Ignition or PanelViews is a plus.
- Three to five (3-5) years of applied professional experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent problem solving capabilities and the ability to work independently on assigned tasks.
- Flexible and open-minded with excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels in the organization.
- Understanding of computerize maintenance management systems is a plus.
- Knowledge of continual improvement tools such as Lean Manufacturing, TPM, and Six Sigma is a plus.
What are our perks?
We provide unique options to fit your unique lives! Our Total Rewards Program is customizable to accommodate your needs. Our menu of flexible options includes, but is not limited to:
- Excellent healthcare options: Medical, vision, prescription & dental
- Family Focus & Balance: Parental leave, paid time-off and Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Security: Competitive 401(k), Company-funded Retirement Accumulation Plan and Employee Stock Purchase Program (PEG)
- Tuition Reimbursement: Continuing education for every season of your career
- Pet Insurance options: Insurance plan & prescription discount program for your furry friends
- Employee Recognition Programs
- PerkSpot: Our exclusive one-stop online discount marketplace
- LiveWell: Rewarding you for living a healthy lifestyle
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.