2 Available Positions
Hours: Employees will work four 10-hour shifts per week, rotating weekly between days and nights as follows:
- Tues - Fri (8:00 AM to 6:30 PM)
- Sun - Wed (7:00 PM to 5:30 AM)
Performs all operations required for powder processing including screening, testing, blending, and weighing. Equipment may include V-blender, ball mills, vibratory screeners, classifier, and various types of inspection equipment. The incumbent must have the ability to assemble and start-up and shutdown equipment to meet WIP and Final product requirements for customers and for the plant. This position is responsible for the productive & efficient operations of plant equipment and handling techniques for powder processing. The priority is to ensure the service and quality of products on the production floor, which covers a wide range of activities including manufacturing, inspection, and packaging. Quality checks and/or sample collection, accurate data collection and reporting, and troubleshooting skills are required. Must follow standard operating procedures.
- Works in a manner that is safe while continuously ensuring quality, production and performance expectations are met.
- Consistent, proper use of personal protective equipment is required. Must follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Work in this position is performed primarily inside the plant, but may have temperature fluctuations resulting in work areas having warmer temperatures.
This individual must be able to run the equipment, perform the required duties, and work within the group as assigned. Compliance with all Company, local, state and federal rules and regulations in regard to health, safety and the environment are required.
- Requires High School/GED diploma
- Must have problem solving skills, detail oriented
- Must have clear and effective communication ability (written and verbal), including with all level of management
- Satisfactory attendance and performance record within past 12 months
- Knowledge of basic computer skills, including QAD, MS Word and Excel proficiency
- Must be a team player. Demonstrated ability of cooperation, leadership and willingness to assist fellow employees in a team-based work environment
- Industrial manufacturing experience preferred (powder processing)
- Forklift driving experience preferred
- Physically able to stand, bend, stoop, kneel, reach, twist, lift, push, pull, climb, balance, crouch, handle and move items weighing up to 60 pounds without assistance
- Visual acuity correctly to perform job functions
- Ability to move throughout all areas of the plant floor, receiving, and outside perimeter of the facility including climbing stairs or working at heights
- Able to wear all necessary personal protective equipment to perform job functions
- Stand and/or sit continuously and perform job functions for a full shift with meal break
Screening of Pre-Selected Material/Rolls Crusher
- Prior to screening, verify that bagged material meets specifications by checking the database and using bar-coding system
- Loads material into a hopper
- Verify that proper screens are installed and that the condition is satisfactory
- Run Machine according to specifications
- Once a container under the equipment is full or run cycle is completed, remove collection bin/ drum by using forklift or pallet jack.
- Replace with new drum (up to 100 lbs).
- Operator will move material using (but not limited to) forktruck, pallet jack, tilt on lift or push, pull up to 100 lb. drums.
- Label each bin/drum according to specification and set aside for Quality testing - Perform quality tests on material using Ro-tap
- Sample product using a sample thief from container, weigh material, set Ro-tap according to specification and send for analysis - adjustments can be made at the screen step.
- Repeat as necessary
- Package and label product
Rolls Crusher: (part of the powder sizing process)
- Depending on product being made the rolls are opened or closed to a certain gap size to achieve a certain size material exiting the crusher
- Any material coming from the roll crusher will then need to be screened
- Once through the screener the good product will be pulled out and saved
- The oversized material is recycled back into the rolls to crush it down to the target size.
- Use forklift to lift container. Lifting may be up to 50 lbs.
- There are two rolls crushers, one uses an overhead bin to feed it and the other is a vacumax
- Weigh material and load or distribute into the V-Blender according to work order
- Place baggage or container under V-Blender to collect material
- Calibrate machine according to blending instructions
- Once material has run through the V-blender, use drum dumper to put package in bins or boxes
- Operator will move material using forktruck or push, pull, lift up to 60 lb. bins during a shift.
- Perform quality check using thief and label material
- Send material to Quality Control for testing
- Material is brought to Powder room on racks (16 or 32 trays on a rack) with the work instructions (each rack has a dryer sheet and map of materials on the rack)
- Take trays from rack and dump into Classifier (approximately 25-30 pounds).
- The material is classified into proper containers (Work-In Process / Finished Good).
- Sample and label material
- Send material to Quality Control for testing
- Uses forklift to transport bags, pallets, drums, and hoppers
- Changes screens on various sizes of screening equipment
- Packages material
- Transfers material from container to container by hand and with forklift truck
- Weighs material in various containers
- Labels materials
- Cleans screening equipment
5S & Housekeeping
- Keeps equipment & work area clean.
- Performs daily inspections
- Performs minor equipment repair.
- Contacts maintenance for major equipment repair.
- Must be familiar with writing maintenance work orders
Saint-Gobain Ceramics Division regroups Saint-Gobain’s businesses specialized in ceramic-based solutions for industrial clients. Our product range spans from advanced ceramic grains and powders, to specialty refractories and ceramic systems. We offer “Material Solutions That Make a Difference”, in the sense that our ceramic products and services are mission-critical to our customers’ own applications. At the heart of industry, we pride ourselves in serving segment-leading customers across the world, through long-term, trust-based relationships. At Saint-Gobain, our people are our most valuable asset so we provide competitive base salary and incentive compensation packages to reward and recognize employees for their contributions toward the company's success.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.