“This Job Matters”
What’s the job?
Serving as an experienced senior lead supporting Shared Services Center (“SSC”) accounting team, Business Unit (“BU”) and Service Provider team members, facilitating day-to-day accounting operations while improving the SSC accounting procedures and internal controls. Provide training and guidance to the SSC and Service Provider accounting team members.
- Serving as a key Accounting and Reporting point of contact with the customer’s management and staff, delivering high levels of customer service, providing helpful, friendly and informative communications, being proactive in meeting customer needs and requirements, and continuously seeking opportunities to improve service delivery.
- Driving monthly close by approving journal entries, reconciliations, reports, intercompany invoices and balances, and reviewing income tax provisions. Ensuring Service Provider has all required inputs necessary to complete their closing duties. Responsible for the on-time delivery of closing results to customers’ management. Monitoring and analyzing applicable general ledger activity, ensuring account reconciliations are performed and reconciling items are accounted for on timely basis.
- Responsible for customer financial reporting, ensuring compilation of Magnitude packages by the Service Provider, BU and SSC are completed on time, accurate and compliant with all controls. Ensuring tax, treasury, and government reports are completed accurately and on time by providing support to Service Provider as needed, quality review and monitoring
- Ensuring compliance by Service Provider, SSC and BU with Saint-Gobain’s Internal Control Reference Framework (“ICRF”) and accounting guidelines established by GAAP and IFRS.
- Working closely within the SSC and with the customer by leading or participating on initiatives to meet SSC and BU goals and on customer-sponsored special projects.
- Responding to financial and tax audit requests for information and insight with support of Service Provider.
- Applying technical know-how to research/resolve accounting and accounting systems issues for BU while lending direction to Service Provider. Support Service Provider with proper inputs or approvals for exceptions to accounting or process rules.
“Your Skills Matter”
What do you bring?
- BS Business Administration/Accounting. Advanced degree is a plus.
- Professional Certification (CPA, CMA) is a plus.
- 5-10 years of general accounting experience in a large, complex international business is preferred. Prior experience servicing internal customers in a shared service utilizing outsourced service provider organization is a plus.
- Ability to operate within established accounting and reporting guidelines. Solid grasp of technical accounting and reporting principles with experience working with GAAP and IFRS. Strong knowledge of and practical experience with internal controls. Strong problem-solving and project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently. Experience with integrated ERP and financial reporting systems.
- Ability to coach outsourced team members, managing across company, geography, time zone, and culture. Ability to understand cultural differences.
“You Matter to Us”
What are our perks?
We provide unique options to fit your unique lives! Our Total Rewards Program is customizable to accommodate your needs. Our menu of flexible options includes, but is not limited to:
- Excellent healthcare options: Medical, vision, prescription & dental
- Family Focus & Balance: Parental leave, paid time-off and Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Security: Competitive 401(k), Company-funded Retirement Accumulation Plan and Employee Stock Purchase Program (PEG)
- Tuition Reimbursement: Continuing education for every season of your career
- Pet Insurance options: Insurance plan & prescription discount program for your furry friends
- Employee Recognition Programs
- PerkSpot: Our exclusive one-stop online discount marketplace
- LiveWell: Rewarding you for living a healthy lifestyle
“What We Do Matters”
Why work for us?
At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while our products make the world a more beautiful, safer, and sustainable home.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.
Sr. Analyst, Accounting & Reporting
Location: Malvern, Pennsylvania
Posting Date: 09/19/2022
Job Code: USA02793
See yourself here