CNC Machinist 2nd shift - Direct Hire, Full Benefits, Air Conditioned facility
This position could be a great fit for you if any of the following are true:
• You want benefits and vacation to start on your first day of employment.
• You want to work in a clean work space that is climate controlled (air conditioned in summer and heated in winter)
• You want 12 paid Holidays per year
• You want to earn monthly bonuses
• You want shift differential pay of 10% on top of your base rate
• You are good at paying attention to detail and enjoy seeing immediate results from your work.
Set up and operate specified machines as needed to meet customer demands at our manufacturing location in Carol Stream, IL. Machines: Mazak and Mori Seki CNC Lathe machines, manual lathes, milling machines and grinders. Machine steel and carbon parts by operating CNC turning centers, manual lathes and milling machines according to specifications. Rotate within work centers to perform other CNC and machining operations. Use precision measuring instruments to confirm conformity to specifications.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent
• Certificate in the Programming, Setup & Operations of CNC lathe and Mills from an accredited school plus Minimum 2+ years of full time CNC experience OR 5-7 years of full time CNC experience
• Knowledge of Conversational language. Knowledge of G and/or M codes a plus
The Saint-Gobain Abrasives facility in Carol Stream, Illinois manufactures new and improved Superabrasives products used in the aerospace, automotive, construction and electronics industries. Superabrasives use diamond or cubic boron nitride (CBN) grains to resurface, cut, grind or polish materials that are not susceptible to conventional abrasives. Superabrasives come in various forms including wheels, slurries, belts and discs and are used to sharpen cutting tools, shape glass, grind engine parts and slice silicon wafers. Many of SGA’s superabrasives products are custom designed and engineered for specific industrial applications as requested by our customers.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now