In a safe manner operate and maintain various types of manufacturing equipment/hand tools and materials while efficiently processing glass as part of an assembly line operating at fast pace and adding value on each station as glass travels through it and finally packaging all while complying with all safety, quality, and 5S/housekeeping standards.
to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Inspect automotive glass as instructed to ensure conformance to quality requirements.
• Handling and applying chemicals directly to the glass in specific areas
• Allocating components on glass surface according to specifications.
• Adhering according to specifications
• Packaging finished goods in large pallets, wooden boxes, cardboard boxes or other standard packaging
• Utilizing all established PPE at all times.
• Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; informing supervisors and team leads when machinery needs repairs; and adhering to all safety procedures and regulations.
Maintain assigned work areas in accordance with 5S and housekeeping requirements
85% Operate production equipment to process automotive glass, windshield, Canopy and Backlight in accordance with safety requirements. Inspect glass as instructed to ensure conformance to quality requirements. Process and apply parts by following the work instructions. Accommodating automotive windshields into packaging material and preparing for shipment
10% Maintain equipment by completing basic preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; informing supervisors and team leads when machinery needs repairs; and adhering to all safety procedures and regulations.
5% Maintain assigned work areas in accordance with 5S and housekeeping requirements.
Highschool Diploma or GED Preferred
1+ years Prior experience in manufacturing environment Preferred
1+ years Previous experience using inspection equipment and following quality procedures Preferred
Familiarity with basic manufacturing equipment such as calipers, thread gauges and compactors preferred
Experience working in a strong safety culture
Physical demands include but are not limited to:
• Constant visual inspection, measuring/assembly at close distance.
• Receiving detailed information by nonverbal means.
• Pushing pulling lifting up to 45 lbs.
• Standing and walking for extended periods of time.
• Working primary with fingers, repetitive motions, substantial body movement including wrists, hands, and or fingers.
• Repetitive motions, twisting, squatting, bending and turning.
• Dealing with constant equipment in motion. Always wearing safety equipment, and dealing with high noise levels.
Flat Glass With a history that stretches back to the creation of the Hall of Mirrors in the Palace of Versailles, Saint-Gobain has been both a leader and innovator in the creation of flat glass for centuries. For industries including automotive, construction, aviation and public transportation, we provide innovative solutions combining comfort, safety and style. Our products include car windows and windshields, architectural glass for building facades and fire-resistant safety glass.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now