"This Job Matters"
What’s the Job?
Provides the critical leadership to effectively manage productivity, quality, and all other related operations to achieve maximum operating efficiencies within cost and quality standards, which will meet or exceed customer, corporate, and state and federal requirements.
Develops effective teamwork and utilizes innovation to achieve departmental goals. Ensures the continuity of production by effective communication with all departments. The Production Manager is held accountable to ensure production activities comply with all environmental, health, and safety requirements, policies, and procedures.
- Directly supervises the Shift Managers and Training & Development Manager on the safe and efficient operation of the production process
- Exercises good judgment in the utilization of manpower, work in progress and operational adjustments.
- Track and manage KPI’s
- Communicates expectations, measure and assess employee performance, provide coaching and development opportunities.
- Directly monitors the production processes and production quality to ensure compliance to established company standards.
- In conjunction with training and development Manager ensures production employees receive adequate training prior to operating any of the manufacturing equipment and that they follow the standard operating procedures and work instructions.
- Perform root-cause analysis as well as implements sustainable countermeasures on losses related to production.
- Work closely with the Production Planner to ensure compliance to the production schedule and production changes.
- Work closely with material purchasing, vendors, and inventory management to assure sufficient materials on hand for required production
- Work closely with the Maintenance Manager to support the maintenance needs of the production department.
- Participate in the development of job safety assessments and standard operating procedures.
- Maintains work place organization to ensure good housekeeping (5S) by holding employees responsible for their assigned work areas.
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned
“Your Skills Matter”
What do you bring?
- 4-year degree in Engineering strongly preferred (equivalent experience may be considered)
- 5+ years of Supervisory experience (manufacturing environment)
- Proficient in use of MS Office (familiarity with Kronos and SAP preferred)
- General understanding of ISO methodology (ISO 9001, 14001, & OHSAS 18001)
- Thorough knowledge of OSHA and regulatory requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing, TPM, 5S & Six Sigma
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute the required production and create recovery plans to limit end use customer disruptions with a high level of safety and quality
“You Matter to Us”
What are our perks?
We provide unique options to fit your unique lives! Our Total Rewards Program is customizable to accommodate your needs. Our menu of flexible options includes, but is not limited to:
- Excellent healthcare options: Medical, vision, prescription & dental
- Family Focus & Balance: Parental leave, paid time-off, and Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Security: Competitive 401(k), Company-funded Retirement Accumulation Plan and Employee Stock Purchase Program (PEG)
- Tuition Reimbursement: Continuing education for every season of your career
- Pet Insurance options: Insurance plan & prescription discount program for your furry friends
- Employee Recognition Programs
- PerkSpot: Our exclusive one-stop online discount marketplace
- LiveWell: Rewarding you for living a healthy lifestyle
“What We Do Matters”
Why work for us?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.