• The productive and efficient operations on production line (LSB)
• Responsible for the development of a thorough understanding of the operation of the relevant machinery and its complexities, knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of goods.
• Basic operating knowledge and understanding of manufacturing operations
• Perform accurate standard and metric measurements and understand standard to metric conversions
• Read, understand and execute all customer order specifications
• Complete production related paperwork accurately and legibly
• Analytical, problem solving skills and troubleshooting skills are a necessity
• Mechanical aptitude and ability
• Effectively utilize hand tools including, but not limited to: scissors, utility knife, wrenches, screwdrivers, etc.
• Clear and effective communication ability
• Ability to effectively interact with all shift personnel
• High School Diploma or equivalent
- Thorough understanding of safety rules and the safe operation of production machinery
• Demonstrated ability of cooperation, leadership and willingness to assist fellow employees in a team-based work environment
• Satisfactory attendance and performance record within past 12-month period
• Must be in current position for at least twelve (12) months
• Satisfactory completion of associated training programs
• Willingness to work overtime and at times on short notice
• Willing, able and flexible to work 12-hour shift schedule
• Ability to perform the responsibilities of the position including times when there is limited or no supervision
• Previous Manufacturing experience and length of time with Saint-Gobain will be strongly considered
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Physically able to stand, bend, stoop, kneel, reach, twist, lift, push, pull, climb, balance, crouch, handle and move items weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance.
• Visual acuity corrected to perform job functions. Ability to distinguish color to perform job functions.
• Ability to move throughout all areas of the plant floor, receiving and outside perimeter of the facility
• Able to wear all necessary personal protective equipment to perform job functions
• Stand and/or sit continuously and perform job functions for a full shift with meal break Ability to climb ladder/stairs to a height of approximately 8 feet and perform work at that height
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now