The Mine Maintenance Tech will have the opportunity to make an impact on the safe and efficient operations of the mine. The position will support the Site Manager and Production Supervisor overseeing the mining and facility operations through preventative maintenance requirements on all site equipment and through continuous improvement activities.
• Accountable for maintaining a safe work environment. Must recognize unsafe conditions and practices and make corrections to prevent injuries and property loss
• Accountable to comply with Environmental regulations, with particular focus on the mine and the plant air quality
• Ensures operation of mobile and stationary mining machinery by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, hydraulic system, pneumatic system, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, schematic, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
• Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
• Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
• Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and/or other measuring instruments.
• Requires a high school diploma or GED.
• Five years of professional experience and knowledge in the maintenance and repair of off-road mining equipment, such as mass excavators, portable crushing and screen plants, haul trucks, track or wheel loader, dozers, track drills, safety qualifications, and professional maintenance of a crushing and screening operation.
• Requires adaptability, methodical/analytical problem solving skills, and employee leadership skills with the ability to effectively apply these skills in an open pit mining and crushing facility.
• Team player with good interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication skills to work effectively in corporate, manufacturing and team environments.
• Basic typing skills and proficient in utilization of Microsoft Office, including Excel.
At Western Mining & Minerals, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while making the world a more beautiful and sustainable home.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now