“This Job Matters”
What’s the job?
The Automation Engineer* I will assist with the development and implementation of World Class Manufacturing (WCM) projects, production, processing methods and controls in a manner consistent with CertainTeed Gypsum Vision, Mission, Values and Objectives (VMVO). Through the application of engineering fundamentals and advances process control tools, this position will ensure that processes are centered, capable and in control; reduce process variations; and resolve special causes variation.
- Reports directly to the Engineering Manager.
- Responsible for planning, evaluating, organizing and implementing automation related projects and initiatives.
- Works closely with the Production and Engineering Managers to coordinate changes in the production process and resolve equipment malfunctions.
- Manages automation related projects and provides weekly status report to plant management and participates in Focus Improvement teams to resolve critical process and production problems with customers and vendors.
- Develops and maintains PLC/HMI systems from the plant floor to management and financial levels and maintains automation related systems (PLC/HMI/VFD/Instrumentation/Network) and implements required updates to avoid technical obsolescence.
- Provides training for operators and maintenance personnel.
- Continuously evaluates workplace for safety concerns and ensures behavioral safety initiatives are performed to goal levels.
“Your Skills Matter”
What do you bring?
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering or similar discipline or equivalent experience.
- Excellent problem solving capabilities and the ability to work independently on assigned tasks.
- Flexible and open-minded with good written and oral communication.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
“What We Do Matters”
Why work for us?
At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while our products make the world a more beautiful, safer, and sustainable home.
“You Matter to Us”
What are our perks?
We provide unique options to fit your unique lives! Our Total Rewards Program is customizable to accommodate your needs. Our menu of flexible options includes, but is not limited to:
- Excellent healthcare options: Medical, vision, prescription & dental
- Family Focus & Balance: Parental leave, paid time-off and Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Security: Competitive 401(k), Company-funded Retirement Accumulation Plan and Employee Stock Purchase Program (PEG)
- Tuition Reimbursement: Continuing education for every season of your career
- Pet Insurance options: Insurance plan & prescription discount program for your furry friends
- Employee Recognition Programs
- PerkSpot: Our exclusive one-stop online discount marketplace
- LiveWell: Rewarding you for living a healthy lifestyle
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.