***THIS POSITION CAN BE LOCATED IN SAN FRANCISCO, CA (BAY AREA), PORTLAND, OR AREA, SEATTLE, WA AREA OR SALT LAKE CITY, UT.***
If you want to reshape the world and discover your greatest potential, Saint-Gobain provides one-of-a-kind opportunities for innovative problem solvers.
We're one of only two companies in the world that is consistently recognized as both a top Global Employer and a Top 100 Global Innovator, but Saint-Gobain's remarkable story and culture of innovation begins with a team of nearly 200,000 creative, diverse and passionate team members collaborating across the globe. We are committed to our mission to improve lives because, every day, we witness the enormous impact of our efforts on the world around us.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is tasked with building collaborative partnerships and developing sales of Single-Use Systems within the assigned geography at Biopharmaceutical manufacturing companies. The BDM identifies target accounts in his or her territory, establishes and communicates a detailed sales plan. This person is then responsible for selling custom-designed solutions to his or her accounts through a consultative sales process. The BDM tracks project pipeline and effectively communicates on progress and needs to the customer and inside the organization. This position will work closely together with Technical Services Manager in their territory.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Manage territory to meet/exceed business goals and objectives in terms of gross sales, margins and new customer acquisition.
• Identify commercial opportunities in the form of new customers and/or new products, develop strong relationship at target accounts, provide application knowledge, industry expertise, and manages sales activities according to a solutions-selling, disciplined process
• Collaborate with marketing to assist in the development of advertising and promotional programs, telemarketing plans and tradeshow participation necessary to achieve product line sales objectives
• Collect, analyze and transmit information regarding market evolution, competitors and technology trends
• Work with manufacturing operations to provide accurate and timely information regarding customer demand to support sales and service objectives. Provide periodic forecasts used to anticipate overall sales performance
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Biotechnology
• Track record of successful business development
• 2+ years of selling experience or customer relationship management
• Technical understanding of biotechnological processes
• Knowledge of MS Office Suite
• MS or MBA
• 5+ years of selling experience in Life Sciences markets, such as Bioprocessing or Biotechnology
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world. Within its Life Sciences division, teams are solving critical problems for customers who are getting life-saving medical devices to the frontlines of healthcare, discovering essential medications, and nourishing and connecting the world through consumer, industrial and electronics applications. As one of the world’s leading producers of high-performance polymer products, we improve lives by making simple experiences better and being there in life’s critical moments.
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Life Sciences; and together, we’ll create a better life.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.Apply Now
Business Development Manager - Bioprocesses
Location: Solon, Ohio
Posting Date: 12/16/2021
Job Code: USA00193See yourself here