What’s the job?
This is a plant leadership position which sets the tone for the manufacturing sites to develop and improve our employees’ experiences and collaborative culture. Through the use of key metrics, continuous improvement tools and employee feedback, the Sr. HR Manager works with the site leadership teams, group HR and peer HR team to create tactical plans and must-win-battles that will support the business in achieving location, business unit and overall goals.
- You’ll be based in Seattle Washington and spend a few days per month in Kent, WA with occasional travel for meetings and for your own professional development
- You'll have the ability to work remotely, occasionally
- You’ll have ownership for all facets of Human Resources and will collaborate with Region wide resources to craft development plans for all employees
- You’ll use your business acumen to partner with leaders and peers to understand and engage in the recruiting and retention battles that we all face in industry today
- Leadership and a passion for working with the front-line and with management are critical to help us to continue our march towards net carbon zero by 2050 and in creating world class teams to manufacture innovative Gypsum board and finishing products that delight our customers
What do you bring?
- BA/BS in related field
- 10+ years of progressive HR experience with some collective bargaining experience, preferably in manufacturing or high volume distribution operations
- Continuous improvement mindset (prior Lean, Six Sigma or other methodology preferred)
- Proven track record of delivering business results
- Good working knowledge of workforce planning, labor market assessment and HR analytics
- Experience turning employee feedback into action plans that make a difference
Why work for us?
At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while our products make the world a more beautiful, safer, and sustainable home.
What are our perks?
We provide unique options to fit your unique lives! Our Total Rewards Program is customizable to accommodate your needs. Our menu of flexible options includes, but is not limited to:
- Excellent healthcare options: Medical, vision, prescription & dental
- Family Focus & Balance: Parental leave, paid time-off and Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Security: Competitive 401(k), Company-funded Retirement Accumulation Plan and Employee Stock Purchase Program (PEG)
- Tuition Reimbursement: Continuing education for every season of your career
- Pet Insurance options: Insurance plan & prescription discount program for your furry friends
- Employee Recognition Programs
- PerkSpot: Our exclusive one-stop online discount marketplace
- LiveWell: Rewarding you for living a healthy lifestyle
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.