The primary objective of the SAP Business Support Analyst is to maintain the continuous operation of the business systems, and to support continuous improvements in automation and innovation. The incumbent is accountable for providing high quality technical support and for recommending tactical and strategic software design, testing, training and business system support/best practices. The incumbent provides expert analysis of actual and proposed system designs from the standpoint of impact on overall system capacity and performance objectives.
The SAP Business Support Analyst is responsible for the day-to-day SAP production planning including Shop Floor Interfaces, Material Management and Quality Modules. The incumbent must have knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services including customer business systems needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction. Additionally, they will be responsible for determining causes of operating errors and assuring quick resolution, identifying complex problems, and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options then implement solutions.
Job Duties Include:
• Provide day-to-day support for SAP in regards to SAP Modules (PP, MM, QM)
• Must be available to answer all and any questions via helpdesk tickets, phone calls, email, in-person, and by site-visits
• Work with users, departments, plants, and managers on new needs, to create a functional specification for approval by management.
• Be the Module expert to guide business for production planning
• Coordinate with Central GDC Support Team in France for problem resolution in customizing, programming, testing, validating in the test environment, and ensuring the technician specification meets the functional specification before approaching local users for approval and final validation, and then arrange transport to live system, and subsequent training at local level. Keep documentation updated for most recent revision.
• Support plants & departments for training in the business system.
• Work with users on Mass Changes, and upload procedure to SAP.
• Investigation improvement options for processes, procedures, automation and programming changes.
• Support for plant shop flow systems and interfaces to SAP, and between SAP and third party vendor.
• Remain current with, review existing and emerging technology (hardware and software).
• Maintain awareness of industry’s standards and best practices.
• Establishes and maintains metrics appropriate to the performance of IT & systems in their area.
• Travel as required to other plant locations in North America and Mexico.
• Be available on an as-needed basis for Data requirements from business systems for management needs (i.e. internal/external audits, budget, month-end, year-end, and cost-rollover support).
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field along with 5+ years IT and Enterprise Business Information Systems experience in a manufacturing / system environment is required, preferably with a production planning focus. Advanced degree in Computer Science preferred. Experience with SAP and SAP interfaces, retail customers and EDI, enterprise systems, and managing application teams is required. Programming experience in a plus (SQL skills). Required to have a valid driver’s license for business travel.
ADFORS belongs to the Saint-Gobain group, the world leader in the habitat and construction markets. Saint-Gobain designs, manufactures and distributes building and high-performance materials, providing innovative solutions to the challenges of growth, energy efficiency and environmental protection for over 350 years. At Saint-Gobain, we believe diversity is a competitive advantage. Diversity of gender, background, ethnicity, experience and thought all enable us to develop solutions that are smarter, clearer and more effective. Focused on the construction and industrial markets, ADFORS offers solutions based on a complete range of textile and coating technologies using fiberglass yarns and synthetic fibers. ADFORS is the reliable and innovative global leader in technical textiles, offering the most adapted solutions to meet your needs.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now