“This Job Matters”
What’s the job?
The Carrier Relationship Manager, Truckload, is responsible for carrier relationships and strategy for flatbed and/or dry van categories. This position will handle all freight negotiations for their assigned scope. They will be expected to achieve cost savings and process improvements to meet the needs of the business. As the leader for all purchasing functions, contracts, pricing, and benchmarking for this category, this position ensures that all over-the-road transportation purchases are made in compliance with corporate policies.
Other responsibilities include…
- Establish regular meetings between business units and key strategic carriers to review performance through carrier scorecards and identify opportunities between all entities.
- Develop & implement carrier segmentation strategy for assigned scope of carriers.
- Negotiate all carrier agreements in coordination with legal and business unit transportation management to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and insurance requirements.
- Monitor post bid carrier compliance to bid awards and take actions to remedy as appropriate to ensure spending and capacity are in alignment with expectations
- Develop and maintain carrier logs to track performance and price history
- Regularly review market intelligence and benchmark business unit performance to identify potential areas for an opportunity as it relates to cost and/or service.
- Develop and maintain rate review process for all carrier requests to ensure best pricing and service for associated business units.
- Develop, execute and maintain sourcing activities that deliver the category strategy objectives. Manage carrier communications and negotiations for truckload bids for assigned scope of responsibility. Ensure rates are published and updated in relevant systems (TMS, ERP) for the assigned category of materials after approval by Purchasing Director.
- Coordinate with business unit transportation to identify current needs/areas of concern to assist in the resolution
- Proactively communicate to business units any market shifts or carrier disruptions and work to develop alternatives as necessary while also providing progress reports to management.
“Your Skills Matter”
What do you bring?
- B.S. in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business or related field, or progressive experience in purchasing field acceptable to management. A Master's degree in Business is preferred.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in a manufacturing company/environment.
- Experience in the transportation industry with a focus on over-the-road transport and/or construction building products is highly preferred.
- Business management skills, including the ability to develop and execute strategies. Solid understanding of business disciplines and financial information.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills and ability to align leaders from various functions around a common goal/objective using a data-based business case.
- Excellent negotiation, communication, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence all levels of employees and management, both inside the company and externally with suppliers.
- Ability to make data-driven decisions or recommendations and align decisions with strategies. Considers the impacts of decisions on other parts of the organization.
- Strong Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Access skills. Strong systems aptitude and analytical skills required. Manhattan Assoc. TMS and SAP ERP experience is highly desirable.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills, as well as effective presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time in support of global projects and supplier relationship management/issue resolution.
- Experience with working in a matrix organization would be beneficial.
“You Matter to Us”
What are our perks?
We provide unique options to fit your unique lives! Our Total Rewards Program is customizable to accommodate your needs. Our menu of flexible options includes, but is not limited to:
- Excellent healthcare options: Medical, vision, prescription & dental
- Family Focus & Balance: Parental leave, paid time-off, and Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Security: Competitive 401(k), Company-funded Retirement Accumulation Plan and Employee Stock Purchase Program (PEG)
- Tuition Reimbursement: Continuing education for every season of your career
- Pet Insurance options: Insurance plan & prescription discount program for your furry friends
- Employee Recognition Programs
- PerkSpot: Our exclusive one-stop online discount marketplace
- LiveWell: Rewarding you for living a healthy lifestyle
“What We Do Matters”
Why work for us?
At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while our products make the world a more beautiful, safer, and sustainable home.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.