What’s the job?
The Maintenance Electrician will troubleshoot, repair, maintain and improve electrical / automation systems with the intent of improving uptime and efficiency.
- Ensures operation of machinery and electrical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, frequency drives, equipment electrical panels; following diagrams, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications.
- Install, repair, and maintain electrical components of industrial equipment.
- Troubleshoot problems with electrical equipment, observing electrical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments
- Identify electrical problems using a variety of testing devices
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Follows all safety policies and procedure; is responsible for individual safety and the safety of others. Actively participates in the Roxboro Plant Behavioral Safety Program.
What do you bring?
- High school diploma or GED; preferred college program certificate/degree and/or electrical license.
- Three to five plus (3-5+) years of professional experience such as automated control systems, safety qualifications, and professional industrial maintenance in a manufacturing environment.
- Requires adaptability, methodical/analytical problem solving skills, and employee leadership skills with the ability to effectively apply these skills in a manufacturing facility.
- Knowledge of electrical systems, hand tools, and industrial equipment.
- Awareness of national, state, and local electrical codes and regulations.
- Experience with Allen Bradly electrical components and PLC control systems
- Familiarity with Lean/WCM principles and practices
- Demonstrated proficiency in Safety programs to include but not limited to: Lockout/Tagout, Permit to Work, Confined Space, Electrical Work, Working at Heights)
Why work for us?
At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while our products make the world a more beautiful, safer, and sustainable home.
What are our perks?
We provide unique options to fit your unique lives! Our Total Rewards Program is customizable to accommodate your needs. Our menu of flexible options includes, but is not limited to:
- Excellent healthcare options: Medical, vision, prescription & dental
- Family Focus & Balance: Parental leave, paid time-off and Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Security: Competitive 401(k), Company-funded Retirement Accumulation Plan and Employee Stock Purchase Program (PEG)
- Tuition Reimbursement: Continuing education for every season of your career
- Pet Insurance options: Insurance plan & prescription discount program for your furry friends
- Employee Recognition Programs
- PerkSpot: Our exclusive one-stop online discount marketplace
- LiveWell: Rewarding you for living a healthy lifestyle
Come be a part of our bigger purpose to change the world!
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.