What’s the Job?
The Continuous Improvement Engineer is responsible for understanding the current process state, identifying efficiency/improvement opportunities, then leading cross-functional team members to drive process improvements tied to Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of the business utilizing Lean Six Sigma principles. Focus areas would include but are not limited to; interval or lead time reduction, reduction of loses, process re-designs. Automation opportunities will be identified, documented, and applied where necessary. The Continuous Improvement Engineer will also teach and apply Lean Six Sigma principles to achieve self-sustaining processes.
- Document current processes and propose improved processes through Charters, VSMs, and problem solving tools.
- Standardize processes across various business units, developing Standard Operating Procedures, work standards, 5S activities, displaying manufacturing KPIs across all plants.
- Implement process management/process improvement initiatives following Lean Six Sigma principles
- Create new self-sustaining processes and tracking systems that include identifying and tracking the appropriate manufacturing KPIs, Kaizen activities and savings
- Assist in teaching Lean Six Sigma principles to line staff; train others in use of tools and methodologies as part of the improvement project execution
- Lead process changes, improvements, value stream mapping, 5S, financial savings calculation and validation
- Champion communication across the manufacturing plants and between Morgan and its parent company
- Facilitate and lead cross-functional teams to achieve Kaizen objectives
- Create Standardized Operating Procedures (Work Instructions and standards); increase workflow efficiency and productivity
- Mentor employees as they apply Lean methodology to problem solving and project execution
- Publish weekly progress reports
- Follow and comply with all Environmental Health & Safety policies
What do you bring?
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or related field. Mechanical Engineer preferred.
- Lean / Six Sigma Black belt certification required.
- 5+ years working experience in manufacturing applying Lean manufacturing and problem solving tools
- 3+ years’ work experience in Lean Six Sigma continuous improvement activities and financial calculation of savings, budget forecasting, ROI calculation and ration analysis.
- Trained in Lean Six Sigma Principles (Five S’s, Waste Reduction, Error/Mistake Proofing, PDCA, Root Cause Analysis, A3 Problem Solving, Value Stream Mapping, KAIZEN, Lead Time Reduction)
- Ability to train and work with employees across all Architectural locations.
- Strong analytical skills and extensive experience in financial calculations of savings and return of the investment
- Experience in operational performance evaluation (Efficiency/Utilization) Reducing Loses.
- Experience in implementing Continuous Improvement methodologies
- Ability to travel up to 50- 75%
“What We Do Matters”
Why work for us?
At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while our products make the world a more beautiful, safer, and sustainable home.
“You Matter to Us”
What are our perks?
We provide unique options to fit your unique lives! Our Total Rewards Program is customizable to accommodate your needs. Our menu of flexible options includes, but is not limited to:
- Excellent healthcare options: Medical, vision, prescription & dental
- Family Focus & Balance: Parental leave, paid time-off and Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Security: Competitive 401(k), Company-funded Retirement Accumulation Plan and Employee Stock Purchase Program (PEG)
- Tuition Reimbursement: Continuing education for every season of your career
- Pet Insurance options: Insurance plan & prescription discount program for your furry friends
- Employee Recognition Programs
- PerkSpot: Our exclusive one-stop online discount marketplace
- LiveWell: Rewarding you for living a healthy lifestyle
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.