“This Job Matters”
What’s the job?
The Associate Site Buyer is responsible for managing all purchasing and compliance functions primarily for the facility where the Associate Site Buyer is located; in this case, supporting the CertainTeed Gypsum plant in Silver Grove, KY. The Associate Site Buyer will perform all purchasing activity, negotiate payment terms, and execute contracts for both goods and services and will maintain, order, and manage the raw material requirements and inventories for the site(s). This role will need to focus on cost savings, implementation and adherence to global compliance, and utilization of digital tools while providing timely service to our internal customers. They will also support CAPEX purchasing as needed by the site buyer and plant operations team.
- Coordinates competitive bidding for all site purchasing categories with various stakeholders.
- Creates purchase orders/monitors inbound supply while monitoring open Purchase Order report to ensure any overdue orders are escalated; also monitors monthly purchasing KPIs and plant-specific metrics.
- Manages and resolves invoice exceptions in IOL System (Invoices-On-Line) and works on resolving root-causes of invoice discrepancies including support for Goods Received Invoice Received (GRIR). Maintains metrics for the plant to bring awareness to IOL and GRIR processing & compliance.
- Monitors vendor performance using digital tools while addressing deficiencies as needed.
- Support site requirements for Raw Material cycle counts and ensure maximum compliance to Corporate Preferred Supplier Programs.
- Creates contracts using standard templates and exhibits, monitors the validity of all contracts, and ensures that they are uploaded into ProcureNet e-tool for contract management.
- Support Buyer in negotiations with local spend and contracts utilizing Saint-Gobain e-tools for bidding (ProSource) for all Opex and CAPEX spend over $20k.
- Trains site personnel on the proper processes for expense and CAPEX purchasing in addition to driving local compliance for use of Agora, the company purchasing site.
“Your Skills Matter”
What do you bring?
- Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience which will provide a working knowledge of the laws, regulations, practices, and procedures concerned with purchasing activities.
- 5+ years experience in purchasing, inventory management, or manufacturing activities.
- Excellent computer skills; including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Passion for accomplishing preferred quality, service, and best value in Purchasing
- SAP systems knowledge (Strongly Preferred).
- Comfortable working in a team environment.
- Leadership during projects and at the facility.
- Experience using continuous improvement tools.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment (Strongly Preferred).
- 1 to 2 years of experience in production and/or MRP planning in SAP or a similar system.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills.
“You Matter to Us”
What are our perks?
We provide unique options to fit your unique lives! Our Total Rewards Program is customizable to accommodate your needs. Our menu of flexible options includes, but is not limited to:
- Excellent healthcare options: Medical, vision, prescription & dental
- Family Focus & Balance: Parental leave, paid time-off, and Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Security: Competitive 401(k), Company-funded Retirement Accumulation Plan and Employee Stock Purchase Program (PEG)
- Tuition Reimbursement: Continuing education for every season of your career
- Pet Insurance options: Insurance plan & prescription discount program for your furry friends
- Employee Recognition Programs
- PerkSpot: Our exclusive one-stop online discount marketplace
- LiveWell: Rewarding you for living a healthy lifestyle
“What We Do Matters”
Why work for us?
At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while our products make the world a more beautiful, safer, and sustainable home.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.