Why work for us?
At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while making the world a more beautiful and sustainable home.
What’s the Job?
The Plant Manager position provides the leadership to effectively manage all plant operations, while meeting corporate and sales performance objectives in a manner that ensures exceptional customer service. Your overall responsibility oversees all plant operations including safety, environmental, quality, production, finance, engineering, maintenance, customer service, purchasing and human resources. You will be responsible for maximizing production and operating efficiencies within cost and quality standards, achieve positive and ongoing improvement, provide an organized and safe work environment for all employees while complying with all federal, state, and local laws including those covering environmental issues.
- Maintains an environment that all employees feel secure and free from harassment and discrimination.
- Implement programs for continuous improvement of customer service, product quality, process yield, reduction of variable and fixed costs, and reduction of inventory.
- Directs the plant staff by coaching for optimal performance and providing leadership and information needed to empower employees to achieve corporate, plant, department, and individual objectives; from both an immediate, and long-term perspective.
- Manage plant financial such as budgets, purchasing, capital to meet/exceed business expectations. Prepare appropriate plant information needed to complete Company financial requirements such as strategic plans and budgets. Closely monitor key performance indicators and make appropriate adjustments to ensure the plant meets its financial objectives.
- Directs the interest of the facility with the awareness of other internal CertainTeed Gypsum needs.
- Meets with customers and vendors, as necessary, to maintain a level of communication which ensures that quality and service needs are met.
What do you bring?
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering field, industrial management, or the equivalent training and experience, which will provide the necessary knowledge of the laws, regulations, practices and procedures impacting a manufacturing facility.
- Requires 5 to 10 years of experience at a managerial level within the areas of supervision, manufacturing, engineering, production, and human resources to demonstrate mastering of the required core competencies including: providing direction, influencing others, foster teamwork, coach and develop employees, as well as a champion of change.
- An effective leader, with clear direction, accountability and driver of change.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.