Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance electrician is responsible for completing electrical maintenance work as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor, and other plant personnel, to ensure suitable availability and reliability of plant equipment and machinery associated with the manufacture of wallboard.
· Maintain a safe working environment with regards to all electrical maintenance work.
· Work within the parameters of the plant’s WCM & quality system with multi-functional teams on WCM projects.
· Maintain strong focus on Availability/Utilization targets for process equipment.
· Assist with improving and maintaining plant electrical, instrumentation & automation systems; including preventative, predictive, spares planning/inventory control, purchasing, work procedures & documentation.
· Assist with planning and scheduling of electrical preventive & corrective maintenance work.
· Provide off shift support for electrical equipment breakdowns. Assist in generating & recording maintenance history on SAP.
· Other duties and responsibilities as required.
· Trades level certification with RED SEAL (IP) electrical ticket mandatory. 442A License preferred.
· 5 – 10 years of experience in a manufacturing environment. Experience working in the wall-board, cement, mining manufacturing industries is a PLUS.
· Extensive working knowledge of SCADA systems, preferably ‘GE’ iFix. Must also be confident working with PLC/control system Historian and ‘pulling tags’ to record trends.
· Display proficiency in PLC programming & troubleshooting Allen Bradley PLC systems & Variable Frequency Drives.
· Experience working with Motion Control software such as Rockwell Control Logix (5000).
· Must be adept at conducting IR scanning of plant equipment as required.
· Some experience working with Maintenance SAP system.
· Working knowledge of Lock-Out Tag-Out, Electrical Safety, Arc Flash protection requirements are a must.
· Preference will be given to candidates with machine installation experience
· Must be able to perform rotating shift work if required. Ability to be on call if required.
· Candidates must have strong trades, written and communication skills, as well as the ability to manage a variety of jobs or projects simultaneously.
· Candidates must show a strong commitment towards quality and service, and be able to promote CertainTeed’s vision and values.
· The successful candidate will be expected to operate effectively in a team-oriented environment.
· Strong computer literacy & knowledge of MS Office tools required.
Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest building materials companies and manufacturer of innovative material solutions, helps create great living spaces by combining comfort and sustainability. For more than three-and-a-half centuries, Saint-Gobain has been enhancing the wellbeing of people everywhere, whether it’s by addressing climate change, delivering true sustainable development, advancing the information revolution, participating in medical breakthroughs or playing a vital role in space exploration.
In North America, Saint-Gobain has approximately 150 locations and more than 15,000 employees. In the United States and Canada, Saint-Gobain reported sales of approximately $6.1 billion in 2017
Saint-Gobain is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing reasonable accommodations throughout the recruitment process to applicants upon their request. This commitment is in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Industrial Maintenance electrician
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Posting Date: 01/23/2023
Job Code: CAN00253See yourself here