*NOW OFFERING A $1,500 SIGN-ON BONUS and $500 COVID VACCINE INCENTIVE*
Are you looking to join a dynamic company that values you as an employee? Are you a highly motivated individual who likes a challenge? Do you want a great work environment and great benefits like medical/pharmacy/dental, life insurance, short-term disability, 401k employer match, an employer sponsored pension plan and up to a 10% annual bonus? If you answered YES to these questions, then this is the job for you! Apply NOW!
We have an immediate opening on our 2nd shift (Monday through Friday (3pm-11pm) for an experienced Maintenance Specialist. Training would be on 1st shift (Monday through Friday 7am-3pm) for a period of 3-6 months. Shift differential for 2nd shift is 8% of your hourly rate, paid in addition to your base salary.
JOB SUMMARY: Repair and maintain all production equipment in the most efficient manner in order to produce a quality product in a safe manner.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties and responsibilities of the Maintenance Specialist include but are not limited to the following:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Perform all scheduled or preventive maintenance as specified by the Maintenance Manager.
2. Perform all reactionary repairs as required.
3. Maintain all required data logs and sheets.
4. Assist as needed in all operator required maintenance.
5. Record all time and jobs in MP2 Maintenance software program.
6. Inform the relief person of all systems conditions and status.
7. Keep the Shift Supervisor informed of all matters related to the job responsibilities.
8. Exercise good housekeeping habits.
9. Observe all safety rules and regulations.
1. Ability to speak, read and write English at high school level and perform basic math functions
2 Ability to learn and memorize product codes, package codes and product grades
3. Ability to demonstrate good communication skills
4. Ability to follow instructions
5. Ability to use basic mechanic’s hand tools
6. Ability to work with limited supervision
7. Ability to prioritize tasks and make appropriate decisions
8. Ability to operate a forklift truck
9. Ability to stick weld
10. Proficiency in plumbing, electrical and light machine work
11. Ability to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical systems
12. Knowledge of mistake proofing and Lean manufacturing
13. Ability to multi-task
14.Computer experience with windows based programs
Experience Required: Welding, plumbing, soldering, troubleshooting, Proficient at replacing and or repairing belts, pulleys, chains, sprockets, gear boxes, pumps, motors, heat exchangers. Working at heights, on ladders and in confined space. Working outdoors on cooling towers, snow blowing, shoveling, salting walkways. Ability to perform basic carpentry task and painting.
Desired: Experience in facility maintenance, steam boilers, electrical motors, working with 480V 3 phase, 120 V single phase, electrical systems, and HVAC systems. Working with metal fabrication tools, Lathe, Drill press, grinders, oxy/acetylene torches.
Licenses/Certificates Desired: Forklift Operator’s License, Hazardous Materials Certification (HAZWOPER)
1. Employee is regularly exposed to production environment of noise and dust
2. Employee may be exposed to cold temperatures and/or extreme heat at times
3. Employee is regularly exposed to hazardous materials
1. Ability to stand, stoop, twist, turn and work over the head
2. Ability to lift a minimum of 70 pounds repeatedly
3. Ability to mount/dismount forklift
4. Ability to pass pulmonary exam and wear a fitted respirator
5. Ability to climb long flights of stairs and ladders
6. Ability to work at heights
7. Ability to work in confined spaces
Saint-Gobain Industrial Ceramics is a worldwide manufacturer of high temperature specialised refractory materials. Our products are manufactured for the Ceramics, Metallurgy, Foundry, Chemical, Petrochemical, Power Generation, Waste Processing and Glass Making Industries. We specialise in products ranging from refractory bricks, tiles and blocks to mortar, cements, ramming and gunnable monolithics and trowelling mixes to low mass kiln furniture systems.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.Apply Now
Maintenance Specialist - 2nd Shift
Location: Bow, New Hampshire
Posting Date: 10/22/2021
Job Code: 588281See yourself here