Consistent with Gypsum Customer Service strategy and objectives, and under the supervision of the Customer Service Manager and CS Supervisors, the Customer Account Specialist (CAS) is responsible for managing the accounts in their assigned territory by establishing a strong customer relationship based on trust and responsiveness. The CAS will deliver a superior level of customer experience and world-class service by accurately processing customer orders in an efficient manner to ensure customer demands are met. This person will also manage customer complaints and issues, and is empowered to resolve service exceptions in a timely and professional manner.
- Process customer sales orders in accordance with published product lead times and Service Charter policies ensuring accurate and timely delivery of product from multiple product lines across several plant locations.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize issues with competing priorities.
- Maintain constant contact with customers, sales representatives, Credit department, Logistics and suppliers regarding information on scheduled shipments, product availability and credit status.
- Prepare various forms and reports for assigned territory such as open orders, allocation summaries and other necessary documents to facilitate effective business operations.
- Assist customers in an empathetic manner with questions and concerns regarding product quality, shortages, and damages, billing errors and delayed deliveries.
- Properly escalates the most complex issues to appropriate personnel, and tracks issues through to completion ensuring necessary follow-through on all open items.
- Utilize SAP and Salesforce.com to process sales orders and track customer satisfaction cases.
- Document all service related issues in the Salesforce reporting database and log all calls correctly.
- Maintain customer accounts with up-to-date information, and maintains and updates multiple shared documents for the Customer Service team and Gypsum Business Unit.
- Properly file all original documents in paperless document management system daily.
- Respond to customer inquiries, such as inventory availability and technical product information.
- Work closely with centralized Planning Dept. and Logistics to adjust production or shipping schedules for Special product requests and outlier shipments within an acceptable/specified timeframe.
- Coordinate with Logistics to build efficient load plans and schedules utilizing various mode-mix tools and shipping options, such as: Truck (full-truck loads, partial pooled loads and LTL), Rail and Flats.
- Cross-train with peers during lower volume periods to better assist our customers.
- Eager and willing to openly participate in regular coaching conversations and feedback sessions.
- Must exhibit high personal values, and actively strive to Cultivate Customer Intimacy, Act as an Entrepreneur, Innovate, Be Agile and Contribute to our Open and Engaging Culture.
- Requires a high school degree and experience in sales, call center, product support, account management or similar environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Experience and comfort in various conflict resolution scenarios.
- Exhibit adaptability and very strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Must be energetic, results driven and capable of working in a team environment.
- Requires proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, and experience with ERP systems such as SAP.
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now