Why work for us?
At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while making the world a more beautiful and sustainable home.
What’s the Job?
The senior packaging engineer is expected to lead packaging activities within the CertainTeed Siding Products Group. The packaging activities will include designing packaging for new product launches, resolving packaging issues at our plants, and developing new approaches for product packaging. The senior packaging engineer will have supervisory responsibility over a packaging engineer and will be accountable for company-wide packaging related milestones. This individual is expected to use their experience and knowledge in packaging to provide direction to product development teams and plants.
Packaging technical leader
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) for packaging for the CertainTeed Sidings business
- Establish packaging expertise within the company through infrastructure and personnel investments
- Coordinate and prioritize packaging activities so that all projects meet their objectives and timelines
- Supervise packaging engineers to provide guidance on best practices and critical decisions
- Ensure that milestones are being met that are relate to packaging
- Provide solutions to project teams by specifying materials and designs for new product packaging
- Serve as the technical focal point between CertainTeed and our corrugated carton suppliers
- Find solutions to problems when product packaging issues are found in existing products
Innovation in packaging design
- Understand the critical to customer requirements for packaging
- Develop and implement new approaches for product packaging that incorporates design thinking and sustainability
- Conduct trials to demonstrate that the new product packaging meets requirements
- Develop testing and evaluation techniques to prove the designed solution is robust
- Identification of cost saving opportunities from materials used or packaging process
- Safety, reporting and communication
- Work safely by following company procedures, policies and best practices
- Promote a safe work environment by identifying or raising concerns about workplace hazards
- Coordinate the activities for multiple projects simultaneously, balancing the needs of each project
- Attend project review meetings well prepared and ready to report results of tasks
- Properly document results and lessons learned in presentations and technical reports for future use
- Bachelor of Science degree in Packaging Science with at least 7 years of experience in packaging.
- Experience in designing corrugated packaging dimensions, part nesting patterns and pallet stacking patterns using software (SolidEdge, AutoCAD, Artios, TOPS).
- Experience in developing and launching new product packaging designs
- Leadership skills to effectively direct others and project teams
- Strong attention to detail and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Must possess the ability to; (1) understand new concepts quickly; (2) determine the appropriate approach; (3) organize, schedule, and coordinate work; and (4) communicate results effectively
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Project, and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and hands-on
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now