Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, we are seeking a Heavy Duty Mobile Equipment Mechanic to join our manufacturing team. Contributing to our safety first production operations by regularly inspecting, repairing, and maintaining mobile equipment as required to minimize downtime, and to further advance our continuous improvement and lean manufacturing initiatives.
- Diagnose, repair & maintain all systems on mobile equipment such as; forklifts, wheel loaders, as well as various other mobile equipment. This includes, engine, transmission, electrical, hydraulic systems among many others.
- Experienced, competent and able to repair, troubleshoot, adjust, overhaul and maintain mobile equipment with a focus on preventative and predictive maintenance.
- Perform in accordance with a preventive maintenance program, verification, disassembly, repair, assembly, adjustment, and overhauls to maintain mobile equipment.
- Accurately document and track all work completed through a CMMS system (SAP).
- Development of detailed standard maintenance interval procedures for each of the mobile equipment units as per OEM guidelines. Creating a robust preventive maintenance program.
- Maintains high safety standards, shop standards, and motivated to do their best work every day.
- Occasionally performs work in other trades and provides plant maintenance support.
- Participates and supports World Class Manufacturing and lean manufacturing initiatives.
- The unionized plant operates on a 24/7 schedule •This is a permanent, full-time position (Days)
- Reliable, punctual and health-safety-environment conscious
- Must be a valid heavy duty mechanic journeyman with an interprovincial Red Seal.
- Must be available to work shifts and overtime/ extended hours as required
- 5+ years of experience as a HD mobile equipment mechanic
- Intermediate computer skills (MS Office, Excel, Outlook) and ability to acclimate to a PC based maintenance system, CMMS (SAP).
- Read, write, understand and communicate effectively in English
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Enthusiastic team player who is organized and self-motivated
- Work in a World Class Manufacturing Environment – WCM
- Job Type: Full-time
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com Apply Now