NOVA Saint-Gobain unit dedicated to invest in game changing start-ups as well as developing strategic partnerships between the Group and start-up companies all over the world. The External Ventures team serves as a unique interface for start-ups to create and develop links with all the Group’s activities. NOVA is seeking an External Venturing Manager to continue to drive Saint-Gobain’s growth through strategic minority investments and exploration of external partnerships. In this role you will work with Saint-Gobain business leaders to advance innovation and grow business activities through identifying and engaging with start-up companies that align with the strategic focus of the business and/or the Group.
The main responsibilities of this job include:
- Build and grow Saint-Gobain’s network in the external innovation ecosystem, and represent Saint-Gobain at industry, investor and partner conferences
- Facilitates collaboration between innovative start-ups and SG businesses
- Understand overall strategy within internal business units and translate those business objectives and strategies to identify opportunities aligned with current efforts
- Ability to deal with high-visibility within the organization, especially with executive teams; potential impact on the business strategy
- Ability to conduct due diligence, lead deal structure and negotiate contract with prospective start-up partners
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Customer-focus – Demonstrated passion towards customer-centricity, both internal and external. The ability to identify solutions to articulated and unarticulated needs, and ensure clients’ needs are prioritized and met
- Results-focus – Proven results-focus through leading projects and ventures from inception to completion. Ability to tactfully manage through roadblocks and competing priorities
- Initiative, risk taking and innovation – Self-starter with a proven willingness to take and learn from risks, while also demonstrating the ability to find nuanced and innovative solutions to complex challenges.
- Vision and strategy - Demonstrated leadership in cross-functional settings and influencing without authority.
- Listening and communication - Written and oral communication skills across a broad range of levels and functions, including formal presentations of results.
- Teamwork and network - Respectful communication and ability to collaborate in a global team environment required.
- Bachelors, Masters, Ph.D. or MBA with 2-5 years’ experience in diverse roles with increasing responsibility, both business and technical a plus, large multinational manufacturing / technology experience a plus
- Demonstrated leadership, academic performance and intellectual curiosity
- Ability to work collaboratively and diplomatically with external and internal constituents
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interface with all levels in the organization
- Strong listening skills and the ability to connect non-linear ideas and networks to identify value
- Independency in work and decision-making, come up with viable solutions with minimum guidance
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Saint-Gobain designs, manufactures and distributes materials and solutions which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. They can be found everywhere in our living places and our daily life: in buildings, transportation, infrastructure and in many industrial applications. They provide comfort, performance and safety while addressing the challenges of sustainable construction, resource efficiency and climate change.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now