This position is responsible for the transportation of raw materials within the Plant using heavy equipment, including front end loader, forklift and bulldozer, to off load barges and feed materials into feeders and hoppers. The position takes quality samples of various materials, performs manual labor, maintains housekeeping standards and follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Operate and maintain mill according to established procedures and processes
- Move recycled wallboard using front-end loader forklift to feed machines and conveyor belts
- Move gypsum rock in the Dome using the bulldozer
- Manually remove both dry and wet powder from under conveyor belts to clean area using hand tools
- Maintain equipment in proper working order
- Assist with off-load of ship and barges by securing ship to dock, monitoring rock lines and filling of dome
- Perform housekeeping duties as required
- Change filter bags annually
- Observe written safety plant regulations and instructions
- Check, collect, and organize all parts and tools prior to starting job
- Maintain a safe work environment and recognize unsafe conditions and practices and make corrections to prevent injuries and property loss. Required to complete safety audits/inspections of the assigned work area.
- Support 5S and World Class Manufacturing initiatives
- Work within the Safe Work Process and Permitting procedures in CertainTeed Gypsum Inc.
- Report to work on a regular and consistent basis
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Ability to understand the operations of forklift, front end loader, bulldozer and equipment
- Ability to coordinate eyes, hands and feet to control movement of vehicle/equipment
- Ability to understand traffic laws
- Ability to work safely at all times
- Ability to move attachments for equipment, sometimes by hand
- Ability to move cribbing and shoring for equipment
- Working outdoors during varying weather conditions
- Tolerating jolting, vibration and noise of equipment
- Estimating distances to move materials to specified sites
- Knowledge of Company policies, practices and procedures
- Knowledge of recycle area and processes and procedures
- Ability to operate mechanical equipment including dozer, loader and forklift which is primarily driven in reverse requiring turning and twisting of torso and neck
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks for extend periods of time
- Ability to work independently and deliver results
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to work as a team
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience operating front end loader and/or bulldozer
PREFERRED OR DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous experience with maintenance of gypsum production equipment
- Previous forklift experience
- Heavy equipment certification
Company/Group/Unit Sales: No
Controllable Budget: No (including payroll)
Number Supervised: Direct: 0 Indirect: 0
- Work is performed in a manufacturing plant environment with limited HVAC, concrete floors, and exposure to industrial noise, dust, chemicals and temperature changes
- Normal plant operation is 24 hours, 7 days a week and work hours may vary depending on business needs.
- May require long hours, rotational and shift work, and weekend and holiday work
- Physical demands include, but not limited to: walking and climbing, entering confined spaces, and heights; able to lift 50 pounds; able to operate powered machinery and tools
- Must be capable of wearing personal protective equipment necessary to comply with government and company safety standards whenever engineered methods of reducing hazards or physical requirements cannot be reasonably accommodated.
- Job includes tasks that require walking, pushing, pulling, bending, twisting, gripping, stair and ladder climbing, entering confined spaces, navigating rough terrain and occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- May require long periods of sitting, walking, standing, and working on a computer or engaging in telephone conversation.
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. Apply Now